By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IMO, Twilight Princess is an utter failure and a complete disappointment

Not sure if I'm the only one, but Twilight Princess reminds me of ICO. Feels like certain aspects of the game (parts in between the dungeons) are more about atmosphere than exploration (as was the case in other Zelda games). It's a design choice, but it does not lend itself well to replay. I loved ICO to bits, but I'm pretty sure I won't be playing it again.

Around the Network

Hmm, you know, actually, I was similarly disappointed by TwiPri. Not even close to the joyous experience of Windwaker. It's not awful, but it's far from the best in the series. (1) The game feels unfinished, certain parts were, I think, rushed to meet the Wii release deadline. (2) Substandard storyline. Midna isn't developed as a character, all the plot development happens at the very end, when it's too late to care. Ganondorf is a cardboard cutout marked "EVIL". (3) Lack of interactive spaces. FF 12 generates lots of character interaction, but the places in TwiPri felt empty. (4) Wolf form: nice idea, but doesn't come close to Okami. (5) Lack of credible female characters (including Midna). (6) Surprisingly clunky movement controls. Swimming is a chore, and the horse-riding had weaknesses, e.g. hit a wall and you come to a dead stop.

"rofl, haha you're an utter failure and a complete disappointment yourself :D"

dude, you are my hero Neos ROFL!@@@@!!@!!!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@ Bezerker

First you say the game is terrible and a complete disappointment and then you say you love it. *sigh* at least I am happy to hear you like the game.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

hello again infamous thread post! just wanted to say that here it is a year later, TP has been beaten, and yet - this situation that happened to me still irks me.

anyways, happy 4th to everyone!

oh yeah, TP is overrated...lol

"Why can't you just accept yourself for what you are - essentially a geek!" --Don Imus

Around the Network

Meh. I enjoyed Twilight Princess. Probably the most engaging game I played, this gen. Nintendo can't please everyone, so they focus on pleasing me. Sorry.

d21lewis said:
Meh. I enjoyed Twilight Princess. Probably the most engaging game I played, this gen. Nintendo can't please everyone, so they focus on pleasing me. Sorry.

WTH, Thats what shiggy told me!  You hussy!

To Each Man, Responsibility

I thought Blizzard eliminated the Necromancer from Diablo III...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

bezerker said:

I was trying my best to enjoy this game. I had gotten all the way to the Temple of Time and was finally starting to feel a little bit of excitement about the game.

Then, one morning while I was still half-asleep, I accidentally erased my entire game. (gasp!)

So, being a true Zelda devotee, I started the game over from the start. I've played for 2 hours now and absolutely can't stand going through this game a 2nd time.

I realize that I could use a gamesave from my SD card, but I just don't feel any sense of accomplishment that way. I don't want to load a game that already has all the bugs and poes caught.

I guess I just needed this forum to express my utter disgust at this game. This is the most boring of any Zelda game I've ever played. Yeah, the sound and graphics are pretty cool (nothing wrong there) but the storyline and objectives in the game are so ridiculous that you can't almost make it up.

I've never had any complaints with any of the previous Zelda titles. I think OoT is the by far the most superior of them all. I love Wind Waker and find nothing wrong with that game, despite all the complaining I hear from people on the internet (ie: sailing, Tri-Force search, finding the maps in each square - in fact, I wish Nintendo would rerelease this game with Wii controls...ala RE4).

Anyways, what is your opinion on this game? Playing through it the first time, I kept trying to tell myself that "this game is awesome", but it's not....it's really REALLY not. And I'm finding this out in a big way by playing through it the 2nd time. I have played every Zelda game numerous times and never got bored of them...but this one just puts me to sleep and I think the producers of the game should be put to sleep.

Just my 2 cents worth....now back to doing things of little or no importance. Ciao!

It is an incredible game, and I think it is better than OoT, probably mostly because I have tired of OoT (I recognise it's brilliance but have no desire to play anymore, collecting gold skultula was dull)

It didn't feel quite as special to me as Windwaker did, I like you see pretty much nothing wrong with Windwaker, but Twilight Princess is still incredible despite it not being able to top previous efforts.

I think people seem to have a hard time coming to terms with a game being not quite as good as it's predecessor, and seem to get themselves into a mindset that it is therefore horrible, but it isn't.