By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP-3000 makes your strawberries more red and here's proof

^I'm glad I got a DS instead ^_^

Around the Network
Scruff7 said:
@Hephaestos

the new one has an anti-glare finish to it.

Hopefully it has an anti-figureprint finish to it too. My slim looks like I ate a bucket of chicken and then played it afterwards, which I do sometimes, but that's not the point. u_u

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
TWRoO said:
Aj_habfan said:
It doesn't help that the top one is getting all the light on it, the screen is annoying when in full light. They either fixed that, or its getting better lighting in the picture.

You can see where the light is reflecting using the body of it.... the bottom one only has light reflection on the sloped bits for the right buttons and the d-pad.... the top one has reflections on the flat areas of it, which means it is also reflecting off the flat screen.

There is a good improvement in colour quality for sure, but it's a bad comparison for the anti-glare tech when only the old PSP has the lights directly on it.

They should have done a side by side shot, not one on top of the other.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Wow, all those games that aren't on the system and the rest of the ones people don't play will look amazing!

I kid, awesome screen but still don't really want it.

Looks nice. I'll be checking out the eventual comparison videos on YouTube when they come out. It may be worth upgrading from my old phat. With the traveling I do having a PSP (and a DS) is essential for me. Love those handhelds!

Around the Network

I want one but Sony is SERIOUSLY getting SKU crazy stick with one for a few months please.

I will probably give my current psp to one of my nephews for Christmas and buy one of the new ones for myself.  That's what I did last time.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

I wouldn't eat the strawberries in the first pic, instead of making a thread for this question I'll ask it here, does anyone know if the battery life was extended in the new 3000 version?

Munkeh111 said:
That does look fantastic, if I could get a large memory stick cheap, I may consider upgrading

I just bought a 8gb memory stick for $55 at amazon. 4gb are only $25 now. There's also a PSP bundle coming soon with 4gb stick in the box plus some extras for $199. 8gb is amazing! I just put Crash 2, Twisted Metal 2, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto, Street Fighter Alpha, Hot Shots 2, Suikoden II, Beats, and Jeanne D'arc plus some custom firmware software and still have 5.4gb left! Granted all those games aside from Jeanne D'arc and Beats are relatively small PS1 games, but that's still a pretty awesome set of games to have on board without UMDs.

I'm calling it right now. PSP2 out next Fall. No UMD drive. 8gb on board memory with memory stick expansion slot. You heard it here first!

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

theres a big glare on the old one kinda makes the new one look amazing but without that glare there isnt that big of a difference... its better in alot of ways but id rather just keep the older one and save money ahha