By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infinite Undiscovery: 20-25 hours, two discs

I've just pre-ordered the game, I am really looking forward to it

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I've just pre-ordered the game, I am really looking forward to it

I've been debating. It appears to me that this game is trying more than a few things differently than past jrpgs, so I think I might end up waiting on reviews to see if it worked, but from what I'm seeing so far, I have high hopes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Something just occoured to me.

Does anyone think that the game could be 2 discs because they decided to allow for Japanese VA after seeing the comments about the English VA?

It could very well be so, and it actually makes sense if you think about it?

The Japanese VA is fantastic, so it would shut haters up, at least, about one subject. That was a major reason LO was on 4 discs, because it had several different language options for the VA.

So, interesting theory, no? I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Going on the normal cutscene time of Squres RPG's you can probably bet that there will be somewhere in the region of 5 - 6 hours of cutscenes. That would mean without sidequests it would probably be about 30ish hours. FF7 on a strait play through no side quests can be done in 27 hours. (Well I did at least) So it's not that far off really.

lol,Micorosoft should realy thinknig about to put bluray ib thier console

Around the Network

As oppose to having to install game everytime it finish a chapter ? No thinks, I am fine with multi-disc for JRPG.

1-Up preview said the game with be 30-40 hours with side-quest. Ugh... unless the game require massive grind, I will just stick to main quest and be done with the game.

Hmmm....25 hours for and RPG doesn't sound too good. Hopefully that's just for the main storyline and not all of that optional stuff.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Another SHORT JRPG on x360 due to DVD limitations, GREAT!

i hope atleast SO:Last Hope will be on 4 DVDs..

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
Another SHORT JRPG on x360 due to DVD limitations, GREAT!

i hope atleast SO:Last Hope will be on 4 DVDs..

Trolling never gets old for you, eh?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I never got this obsession with length for RPGs. Sounds like over-compensating for something. :D

Seriously though, how exactly do they decide the length of the game? When companies talk about X amount of hours of content, are they meaning cutscenes also? Is it just a straight run through the main story, or does it include side quests? Does it include ALL side quests, and does it allot a certain amount of time for the grinding that bogs down so many RPGs, particularly the older games famed for their length. Artificial gameplay length through grinding isn't really that great an idea, but RPGs moreso than other genres are easy prey for this kind of "padding". Does it also include loading times or replays?

Given the more controlled linear experience that JRPGs tend to offer, how much extra stuff can they put in there other than grinding? It's not like WRPGs, more about free-roaming worlds, where they can add tons of mini events and things to do that you find on your own. The balance in JRPGs is always more towards the main story, and surely it's better to have 20 hours of focussed enjoyment than stringing it out longer than necessary. Other game genres are often considered worth the purchase money for significantly less than 20-25 hours of content, it has to be said.

Will you teach me to football?