By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Legend11 said:
goodridd said:
Good news for us. It only covers "three red light errors" though. I'm guessing they have confidence in the upcoming systems that are sporting the new hardware.

To be fair though the other problems of the console (besides the three red flashing lights) are probably in line with the other consoles.  I mean when was the last time we heard of people sending one back because of a failed harddrive or dvd drive?

Well, I personally have never had the three light error. Mine have all been constant freezes(w/ no red lights), DRE's, slow performance, or trying to read a game as a dvd movie. I assumed they were all dvd drive related.

An example of the slow performance would be signifigantly longer load times compared to a different 360 console. One of my 360's had a hard time playing the gears CGI scenes.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
I hope they do end up putting this problem behind them, the 360 is an amazing system otherwise.

I agree. The thing I love most about my 360's(other than gaming) are the Media Center Extender capabilities.

Gamespot comments :

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173633.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

Happy to see the first unbiased Xbox360 news on Gamespot

You just have to see the "green background advertissement" on the home page to understand the console they "prefer" ...

Whatever, I suppose that if I was a Xbox360 owner I will happy too so ... enjoy !

Time to Work !

And what about those of us that have PAID for an extended 3 year warranty?!!

My hat is off to Microsoft, it is nice to see that they are willing to pay over a billion dollars to make up for their mistake. I was getting quite annoyed with them trying to hide the problem on the system, but now my anger is gone. I might be getting one in near future then.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Around the Network

GO MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay microsoft finally admitted they designed a defective product... after all these years of sided stepping the question

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

llewdebkram said:
And what about those of us that have PAID for an extended 3 year warranty?!!

Well you still have it and new buyers will still be prompted to buy one anyways and people will continue to buy one because they won't know any better.

"it is nice to see that they are willing to pay over a billion dollars to make up for their mistake"

==> man, if they would be so nice they would not have done this mistake, releasing an unstable console.
By this move, they just want to avoid losing the console war.
It is not a nice move.
It is a good strategic move.

Time to Work !

Kudos to the European protection agencies and a few retailers which finally dared to speak up!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales