By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The battle of the Holiday Season: '07

Well, as the title may suggest, I'm focusing on the Holiday Season. Big name games are coming out, and my wallet is already feeling lighter. This year end will undoubtedly show exactly where the video game market will lie for some time, and is as of now referred to as the "Cataclysmic Software battle of The Millenium: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo Battle Royale" (made that up). Other than the obvious heavy-hitters (Halo, Mario, Smash Bros, Grand Theft Auto, Unreal Tournament), what would you like to see released toward year's end? I'd like: Wii: MORE GAMES, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy CC (connectivity all the way) X360: Army of Two, Turok, Jericho, Huxley PS3: A few good games as an excuse to buy one (I play my friend's console.) Anime RPGs, maybe a next-gen namco/bandai Tales game. DS:Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, Final Fantasy CC (connectivity all the way) PSP: Check my Signature here (might get another one for Christmas) (Please, for the love of God, leave horrible politics out of this. KWAAD, and others like you, don't passive-aggressively try to start an argument. You know damn well what I mean, too.)

R9 5950x - RTX 3090 - Odyssey G9

Around the Network

You picked all shit games for 360? there are over 2 dozen better games coming before turok, jericho and huxley. you have bad taste in games.

Townzy_89 said: You picked all shit games for 360? there are over 2 dozen better games coming before turok, jericho and huxley. you have bad taste in games.
Okay. Name some. I personally like those games. I understand that there may be 'better' games coming out earlier, but these I'd like to see by year's end.

Look at the economics of the situation. There are several *huge* titles coming out at the end of the year (maybe enough to sell 100% of stock of all consoles!), so I would think other games are either pushed into early 2008 - or released early. I think early 2008 is going to be a critical time for the console wars... Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros 360: Halo 3, GTA PS3: ???, GTA DS: Numerous, depending on schedule (FFXII, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Zelda??) PSP: GTMobile?? (will it finally come out???) ... On top of this, there are NUMEROUS multi-platform titles... Madden, NFS, Shrek 3, Spiderman 3, etc (all the big movie licenses). My only question is on the PS3 - what are the big titles out this Xmas? Singstar? (neither FF13 or MGS will make it - RE? Monster Hunter?). GTA is great - but since its released on the 360 as well, the pulling power is much reduced. PS - Im wondering if Rockstar will re-release GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas for the Wii??

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hey Innovalias your in luck, check this link, Tales of Endlessia has been announced. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157233 I don't much about xbox360 or ps3 so I can't claim to know any under the radar quality games. For the Wii I'm sure games like Sadness and No More Heroes will do well critically and make for some interesting gameplay even though there not heavy-hitters. I don't know when there planned to be released so there probably not holiday season games.

Around the Network

shams said: Look at the economics of the situation. There are several *huge* titles coming out at the end of the year (maybe enough to sell 100% of stock of all consoles!), so I would think other games are either pushed into early 2008 - or released early. I think early 2008 is going to be a critical time for the console wars... Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros 360: Halo 3, GTA PS3: ???, GTA DS: Numerous, depending on schedule (FFXII, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Zelda??) PSP: GTMobile?? (will it finally come out???) ... On top of this, there are NUMEROUS multi-platform titles... Madden, NFS, Shrek 3, Spiderman 3, etc (all the big movie licenses). My only question is on the PS3 - what are the big titles out this Xmas? Singstar? (neither FF13 or MGS will make it - RE? Monster Hunter?). GTA is great - but since its released on the 360 as well, the pulling power is much reduced. PS - Im wondering if Rockstar will re-release GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas for the Wii??
Yeah- that's what I was looking for with your point on the PS3. I really would like to know of some good games coming out that I can't get on my 360.

Innovalias said: Townzy_89 said: You picked all shit games for 360? there are over 2 dozen better games coming before turok, jericho and huxley. you have bad taste in games. Okay. Name some. I personally like those games. I understand that there may be 'better' games coming out earlier, but these I'd like to see by year's end.
The games i want that are not huge titles like Halo 3? Bioshock, Stuntman 2, Kane & Lynch, Left 4 Dead, Overlord. along with other multiplat titles like Darkness, Stranglehold, I shouldent have to mention titles like Mass Effect, Too Human, Fable 2 etc as they are the big hitters

You picked all shit games for 360? there are over 2 dozen better games coming before bioshock, stuntman2, kane & Lynch, Left 4 Dead, Overlord... Your taste in games is shit. *joking All great titles. I'm definitely looking forward to Fable 2... the first one was pretty damn fun. I think we'll be pressed to find too many greats released for the 360 around the time of Halo3, though I might be (hopefully, mind you) mistaken. Like I said before, I'm really interested in the new things that might be able to happen for RPGs on the PS3. Some may say it's doomed, but if enough games I like appear exclusively on it, this multiplatform gamer will add another money-eater to his collection.

I just expect Nintendo to announce a couple of new titles for this year's holidays that are equally innovative and inclusive as Brain Training, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs were in 2005 on the DS. Plus the Wii versions of these DS titles, for good measure, but that won't cut it. And they surely wouldn't be able to outsell the Gamecube with just another Mario and another Metroid Prime and another Smash Brothers. They have to have new IP, otherwise the Wiimote would be pointless.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said: They have to have new IP, otherwise the Wiimote would be pointless.
What's IP? If it has anything to do with a new franchise Nintendo is making Disaster: Day of Crisis. It looks interesting.