By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft announces Petz Rescue!

August 20, 2008 - Today at Games Convention, Ubisoft unveiled Petz Rescue, a new brand of video games for Wii and Nintendo DS. Fulfilling every child's dream of protecting the planet and preserving diverse animal life, the first games in the Petz Rescue series allow young players to save, nurture and heal endangered animals.

"We are thrilled about the expansion of the popular Petz franchise, which is our sixth best-selling brand, with over 13 million units sold to date," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, North America, Ubisoft. "In the Petz games, children had the chance to take care of a variety of cute animals; with Petz Rescue, they will be empowered to actually save and heal the wildlife they encounter. This new line is designed to provide young players with positive messages about animal conservation through fun and exciting adventures."

In Petz Rescue Wildlife Vet, available for Nintendo DS and Wii, players live an amazing adventure as a young vet who cares for domestic and exotic animals, and investigates the cause behind the local animals' illnesses.

Petz Rescue Endangered Paradise for Nintendo DS allows players to become members of an environmental rescue team whose mission is to save the wildlife on a beautiful island that has been threatened by pollution.

Petz Rescue Ocean Patrol for Nintendo DS puts players in the role of Greg or Mila, who must help their uncle save endangered marine life on a secluded island.

The Petz Rescue titles are rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available in North America in October 2008.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/900/900785p1.html

Lastly more great news! Dogz Wii has an official name: Petz Sports: Dog Playground.

Stay tuned for more turdy news concerning Ubicrap at eleven!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Day one!!!!!!!!1111

Assuming, of course, that hell has frozen over by then.

Yay! Between this and Monkey Madness, Ubisoft has me covered for the rest of the year.

Those DS pet ones don't seem that bad actually...

With quality software like this, maybe people will end their silly Ubisoft boycott.

Around the Network

The only thing I want to see protecting the earth in videogame form is CAPTAIN PLANET, not Dogz or Catz, or any other forms of potential Shovelware wildlife.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Save endangered animals: DO NOT BUY OR PLAY THESE GAMES (or else people will get so mad that will actually kill those animals if they haven't commited suicide yet)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I hope they rescue me from this shit.

screens i want screens

Sounds like a AAA game. Hope they make a sequel as well.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down