By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 IN JAPAN!!!!!!!

blazinhead89 said:
mrstickball said:
deathgod33 said:
doubt it, square isnt that evil.

What do you mean by 'evil'? We're talking about the same Squaresoft that had promotional pictures in Nintendo Power showing Barret, Cloud & Co with gameplay footage, only to jump over to the PS1 exclusively.

Companies make games to get money. If Square decies that a game will be more profitable on console X, Y, or X+Y, then it's their job as a company to make the needed adjustments to do such. That's part of business.

At this point in the game, and the collapse of the PS3 as the inherant JRPG console, it would seem that XIII should indeed go over. To Otakus and JRPG lovers in Japan, it would only make sense to back the best JRPG console with the crown gem of JRPG's in their home land (nonwithstaning the fact that DQ9 is already a DS exclusive).

When did 360s 1st JRPG release in US? Cos IIRC it was going on nearly 2 years after 360 released. PS3 hasnt been out 2 years and you say its lost its crown????????

About 5-6 months after. It was Enchanted Arms, and it wasn't good. But it was the first JRPG.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
psrock said:
starcraft said:
psrock said:
Starcraft, what did I say about misleading us? Stop that.

You steal DMeisterJ, then expect consideration?

BASTARD!!!!!

You could'nt compete and I have something he love that you don't have.

Your virginity?

Tease.

outlawauron said:
blazinhead89 said:
mrstickball said:
deathgod33 said:
doubt it, square isnt that evil.

What do you mean by 'evil'? We're talking about the same Squaresoft that had promotional pictures in Nintendo Power showing Barret, Cloud & Co with gameplay footage, only to jump over to the PS1 exclusively.

Companies make games to get money. If Square decies that a game will be more profitable on console X, Y, or X+Y, then it's their job as a company to make the needed adjustments to do such. That's part of business.

At this point in the game, and the collapse of the PS3 as the inherant JRPG console, it would seem that XIII should indeed go over. To Otakus and JRPG lovers in Japan, it would only make sense to back the best JRPG console with the crown gem of JRPG's in their home land (nonwithstaning the fact that DQ9 is already a DS exclusive).

When did 360s 1st JRPG release in US? Cos IIRC it was going on nearly 2 years after 360 released. PS3 hasnt been out 2 years and you say its lost its crown????????

About 5-6 months after. It was Enchanted Arms, and it wasn't good. But it was the first JRPG.

lol but that Launched with PS3, I dont consider that worthy, I mean like your Lost Oddysey, Eternal Sonata etc

The PS3 version is going to be much better anyway.  So it doesn't matter if it does.  Blu-Ray quality cinematic cut scenes versus DVD quality cut scenes.   Blu-Ray wins every time.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Xen said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Xen said:
Sony is in part guilty by not signing an exclusive deal.

Sony is guilty by birthing a platform unable to sustain a game like FF13.

Kojima didn't seem to complain.

Fixed that for you!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Oh god, another one of these maybe threads. It ain't gonna happen, dreamer!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Jo21 said:
gears of war was made using unreal engine 3.

if you add the price it took to make the engine is not 10 million.

So would you add the revenue from UE3 licenses to Gears revenue?

If I was a 360 owner in Japan, I would be fucking pissed that this game isn't released on 360 (even later at the same time as the worldwide release so after the game is released on PS3). Region exclusives are weird...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Squilliam said:
psrock said:
starcraft said:
psrock said:
Starcraft, what did I say about misleading us? Stop that.

You steal DMeisterJ, then expect consideration?

BASTARD!!!!!

You could'nt compete and I have something he love that you don't have.

Your virginity?

no, it's black, it's big and quite powerful.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

IF that happened, I don't think I'd ever stop laughing at the Sony fans.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY