By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 IN JAPAN!!!!!!!

Misleading thread title?

Around the Network
Xen said:
Shadowblind said:
Xen said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Xen said:
Sony is in part guilty by not signing an exclusive deal.

Sony is guilty by birthing a platform unable to sustain a game like FF13.

Konami didn't seem to complain.

Initially they actually did. They complained about the cost of making MGS4.

Do you see any cheap AAA titles? I don't.

Braid says Hi.

De85 said:
Xen said:
Shadowblind said:
Xen said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Xen said:
Sony is in part guilty by not signing an exclusive deal.

Sony is guilty by birthing a platform unable to sustain a game like FF13.

Konami didn't seem to complain.

Initially they actually did. They complained about the cost of making MGS4.

Braid says Hi.

Braid have HD graphics oh wow

You know they could have atleast used a better boxart for their fake box. That box looked really unappealing, were they trying to make it look bad. I've seen better fake boxart all over the internet.

The threadf title is really misleading though, for a minuite ther I though: "Microsoft Moneyhatting Confirmed?"

Jo21 said:
De85 said:
Xen said:
--snipped--

Braid says Hi.

I don't really know what you're trying to say with this, unless you think native 1080p at 60fps is a prerequisite for a game to be AAA.

Nearly every person on this site that has played it has loved it, and reviewers agree.

Enough derailing the thread though. I think FFXIII will eventually see the light of day on the 360 in Japan because by the time the 360 version is done it will have been out on the Japanese market for a while, and it won't matter to the PS3 version of they ship a few units there for the 360 owners with a passing interest in the title.

Around the Network
De85 said:
Jo21 said:
De85 said:
Xen said:
 --snipped--

Braid says Hi.

I don't really know what you're trying to say with this, unless you think native 1080p at 60fps is a prerequisite for a game to be AAA.

Nearly every person on this site that has played it has loved it, and reviewers agree. 

Enough derailing the thread though.  I think FFXII will eventually see the light  of day on the 360 in Japan because by the time the 360 version is done it will have been out on the Japanese market for a while, and it won't matter to the PS3 version of they ship a few units there for the 360 owners with a passing interest in the title.

They're remaking FFXII on the 36o??? that's news to me.

At this point... I don't even care. Because unless Kojima says so... it's not a 3rd party ps3 exclusive.... it's just another game that could be coming to any console at anytime. FF13 in Japan on 360... fine. I don't care. I will buy it on ps3. But god damnit if VS13 goes to 360 then am done with SE. If MGS4 goes to 360 then am done with 3rd Parties all together....

4 ≈ One

DeotoxSlayer said:
De85 said:

Enough derailing the thread though. I think FFXII will eventually see the light of day on the 360 in Japan because by the time the 360 version is done it will have been out on the Japanese market for a while, and it won't matter to the PS3 version of they ship a few units there for the 360 owners with a passing interest in the title.

They're remaking FFXII on the 36o??? that's news to me.

whoops... my bad.  edited.

Haha.. I knew it.. SE is going back on their words again. Next.. FF vs XIII for 360... Go on SE I'm already ready for what you're gonna say.

mrstickball said:
deathgod33 said:
doubt it, square isnt that evil.

What do you mean by 'evil'? We're talking about the same Squaresoft that had promotional pictures in Nintendo Power showing Barret, Cloud & Co with gameplay footage, only to jump over to the PS1 exclusively.

Companies make games to get money. If Square decies that a game will be more profitable on console X, Y, or X+Y, then it's their job as a company to make the needed adjustments to do such. That's part of business.

At this point in the game, and the collapse of the PS3 as the inherant JRPG console, it would seem that XIII should indeed go over. To Otakus and JRPG lovers in Japan, it would only make sense to back the best JRPG console with the crown gem of JRPG's in their home land (nonwithstaning the fact that DQ9 is already a DS exclusive).

When did 360s 1st JRPG release in US? Cos IIRC it was going on nearly 2 years after 360 released. PS3 hasnt been out 2 years and you say its lost its crown????????