By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I know what the website misses!

i just came up with this (imo) fantastic idea to have a section where we can have the upcoming releases for all the consoles, same story with the game database, only people with either 200 or 300 (or more ofc) posts are able to edit the date of release (Americas/Pal/Japan), they also might put a preview on it with what he/she is expecting from this particular game (and maybe a sort of a sales prediction).

Yes, Now give me my medal. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I´m for against it :), not a bad Idea to have a list, isn´t there something like this on Wikipedia though, maybe not ??? well this would make the site more complete and it would be easy to compare lineups and make predictions, but you only get a medal if you organize this on your own...and then you must cut down the largest tree in the forest.....with a herring....well not the last one

my Idea was to have a google map where all the members can put a tag with their home on it to give us a feeling of community and to avoid the "where are you from" threads

Now give me two medals :)

i think that'll cut too much into privacy imo, i'll stick to my plan. But actually, i wasn't planing to put it together myself, we should do it together, as a community

Sounds interesting.

I see, thanks for noticing Ioi =)

Around the Network

About the planning, I remark yesterday that Shrek the third appear in the US charts on psp in the 1st july week. But, I'm sure that this game is available since 5 june, so, It must be its 4th week really. I give this exemple, but i can give others. Transformers on ds and psp were available since 19 june, so 2nd week really. On other hand, I see hot wheels ultimate racing (psp game) 1st week in the week of the 6 may 2007. But this game is only available since 29 june 2007 (see http://146.145.87.211/index.php) . Other exemple: 7 wonders of the Ancient world, on ds. This game appears yesterday in the data. But, I doubt really, this game is now available.
I see mistake (for me) only in the US data. No, in japan data.
So, the idea of planning is good. I think, it's easy to give a japan planning.
But, it'seems to be difficult to give true US planning (because of the mistake i speak before).
About europe, it's impossible, because it depend of the country.
So, good job ioi for give us a true US planning.
(I could speak about Mortal Kombat armageddon on wii, available since 24 may, so must be in the 27 may charts, it is note the case)
I give this exemple in the end to show that important game are concerned...

It's only http://146.145.87.211/index.php

There exist a planning for ds at this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/releases.html

But, even if at this site the planning seems to be complete, it contains errors.
For exemple, we see "Deal or no deal" at 7 august.
But this game is available since 3 july ; see http://146.145.87.211/index.php

On other hand, wee see "7 wonders of the Ancient world" at 31 july, which is maybe a true date for now, and which prove that i can really doubt of the sales of this game related in the 1st july week.
Other exemple interesting: "flipper critters" at 20 august, which is maybe a true date for now, i think. But, i see in the vgchartz data sales for this game in two weeks: 3 june and 10 june.

For this two last game, i think the planning is right. So, where come the data for those games. I don't understand.

Note that, there is a another error in this planning for "chicken shoot"(they says that the game must be release 10 july), because, is is now available since end june i think, and is in vgchartz data, not a mistake here.

So, to have a planning is really a good idea, but it'seems to be difficult to obtain easy a true complete planning.
On other hand, i think, it is important (for credebilty) for the site, that their data was coherent with the true release date of the game, which for me is not the case for the moment. (see my exemple before, and there is other exemple)

I have a question about how the forums work.
Is there a way to see if there are any responses to my forum posts? I can see the 'Recent Forum Activity' on the left side of the page but it does tell me if there are any more posts in those threads after mine. I occasionally check them myself. Some threads are very active but some only get a response a few days later.
If there isn't already such a feature it'd be great if we could see which of our threads had been updated.

Other than that the site is great and you're doing a great job ioi.

Well, I observe that data concerned "hot wheels ultimate racing" (psp), "transformers" (ds), shrek the third (psp) have been modified, with new release week. It's a good news for the website for me.

Other exemple I give have not been modified for the moment, I imagine, that it could be modified late, if you found data. What is not easy I think, because retailers have really different release date and transformers (psp) was really release 25 june in the retailer I see actually. But, I remember other retailers release the game the 19 june. The same that the ds version...

But, my list was not exhaustive, I remember the readers. Even if, I give the big exemple for me. And, it is difficult for me to give all the exemple, because I don't remenber all the release date for all the game.