By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia - Mega Discussion Thread

Visually, this game looks fantastic. I really hope the gameplay and story turn out well, I need a new RPG to play.

Around the Network

If it get 85-90 reviews, it will become the highest rated Tales game of all time. Heres to hoping.

P.S. Does Hardcoregaming give 4.5s?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

It's getting pretty good scores for a tales game. Makes me kinda wish i had a 360.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Too many rpg's to buy. I need more money :(

How does the 1-4 players work? I am totally unfamiliar with the game.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
We're too busy trying to finish the other RPGs we have on the 360 before ToV comes out.

Ya...  I just finished disk 2 of LO last week, just started playing Spectral Force 3, and bought/started to play Too Human...  I have Tales on pre-order...  And I need to rack up some gold in Fable II pub games for October...  But, I don't know where a lot of people find time to play all the 360 games... 

The biggest problem 360 owners have is game time management.

NeoRatt said:
mrstickball said:
We're too busy trying to finish the other RPGs we have on the 360 before ToV comes out.

Ya...  I just finished disk 2 of LO last week, just started playing Spectral Force 3, and bought/started to play Too Human...  I have Tales on pre-order...  And I need to rack up some gold in Fable II pub games for October...  But, I don't know where a lot of people find time to play all the 360 games... 

Yeah I agree. ToV is next on my list but I have to finish Too Human first. I am not worried about finishing up my initial quest on TH, but ToV is definitely going to take me more than a week to finish. Infinite Undiscovery hits a week after ToV. Lots of RPGs....I'm glad about it but I just wish I had more time.

Darc Requiem said:
NeoRatt said:
mrstickball said:

Ya... I just finished disk 2 of LO last week, just started playing Spectral Force 3, and bought/started to play Too Human... I have Tales on pre-order... And I need to rack up some gold in Fable II pub games for October... But, I don't know where a lot of people find time to play all the 360 games...

Yeah I agree. ToV is next on my list but I have to finish Too Human first. I am not worried about finishing up my initial quest on TH, but ToV is definitely going to take me more than a week to finish. Infinite Undiscovery hits a week after ToV. Lots of RPGs....I'm glad about it but I just wish I had more time.

Me, too.  I need to finish LO soon.  Also, it seems that IU was pushed forward and will now come out on August 29th and that could cannabalize sales of ToV (or vise versa)

So Vesperia has been out for 2 days, and there are NO posts from users?

Fine. I'll be the first person on VGC to say I bought the game....

I picked it up about 4hrs ago at my local Gamestop. The copy I bought was the last one they had in stock - which was all of 5 copies or something like that...So it certainly seems like at least my GS underestimated the demand for ToV. Which is a surprise because I live in a town of 13,000 people.

I don't know what kind of judgments I can make about the game. My gameclock sits at 50 minutes, because ToV is at my girlfriends house with Lost Odyssey.

So don't expect a review from me for quite some time. However, I will say the combat system is GREAT, and the game is pretty hard. I won't spoil it, but the first boss, for me, was VERY tough, and I died once before I got the hang of it.

I'm definitely a Tales newbie, and the game is kicking my butt, especially in the 1v2 battles that take place early into the game. But I am getting better it seems.

Story wise, it's good so far. The animation/art style is great. It's definitely not a 7.5 or a low point. It's not Eternal Sonata/Blue Dragon/LO, but it's certainly up there. There are a few animated cutscenes at the start of the game that are REALLY enjoyable, if you like anime.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Mine is in the mail. Expect a full review in about a month.

Frankly, I've been avoiding discussions lately because Rock_on_2008 seems to be following me around in an attempt to flame things I enjoy and exhault things I hate, via trolling. I fully expect a troll from him(or KZ2, his possible alt) in this post, simply because my name has appeared as a poster, with the added benefit to him of being able to flame a 360 exclusive. All because of a few hilarious comments on his wall that I made during his latest ban.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.