By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: "Xbox 360 Sold Out in Japan, Shipments next month"

pichu_pichu said:
wonder how high can the 360 can go when it's not supply constraint...

200 per week, maximum I predict.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
pichu_pichu said:

You mean during supply constraint?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Squilliam said:
pichu_pichu said:

lol, See people, who says console wars were serious?

about the same as June,2k per week...

Could the 360 actually turn around? May seem unlikely, but remember when the PSP was slowing down in Japan, and couldn't possibly recover?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I thought something was going on. When I went to check out the stores I took pics of last week that were sold out, they were still sold out as of today. Now seeing this MS press release makes sense as to why the stores are still sold out. Hopefully MS can get more stock on the shelves here in Japan...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Thats a bummer for ms.
they should have gotten extra stock over.

That's interesting... It will be funny to see the sales charts next week and the week after. Hopefully the pent up demand will result in another good few weeks for Infinite Undiscovery's release...

FinalEvangelion said:

Remember when we thought the Xbox 360 was sold out at one Japanese store? That's not all. It's sold out across the whole damn country. Like, sold out sold out. It's so sold out that Microsoft Japan actually put out an official statement about the situation in The Land of the Rising Sun, apologizing for the lack of consoles. Since demand has eclipsed supply, Microsoft's supply has gone totally dry. The company is ramping up production, and the console will not be shipped to stores until next month.

We've translated the full statement after the jump.

To all customers

We truly thank you for all your patronage in the past.

Currently, the Xbox 360 is sold out, and retailers are unable to restock their supply. This is a result of our own sales targets being exceeded by the actual customer sales. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience to our customers, retailers and business partners.

Here at Microsoft, we are moving forward quickly with console production, and plan to ship the standard Xbox 360 model out this September. Furthermore, we will sequentially be shipping out the Elite and the Arcade models. We ask that you please patiently wait until the console is shipped.

We truly thank you for your patronage hereafter.

Microsoft
Home and Entertainment HQ

http://kotaku.com/5039194/japan-is-totally-sold-out-of-xbox-360s-new-shipment-next-month

Never thought this day would arrive.  Good for MS.

I Laughed when i read the above bolded lines........

Although, for Japan, this is really good news for the 360.  Actually selling out means they are probably doing a lot better then they expected.  Good for them.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Holy Crap? What the hell is happening? 360 outselling PS3, then sold out in Japan? Wow...