By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Sales up!

Third terrible Wii week in a row... what's happening? Demand doesn't drop so fast, and supply can't be the issue also.

I'm thinking ioi made a mistake or two.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
PS3 never went below 120K a week WW, Leo-j PWNED Neos lol.

oh i so got pwned, i'm ready with the knife on my wrist already, i feel that bad about it.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@Konnichiwa: Lol... Do the math. This week Wii > PS3 + 360 combined. Wii needs to sell more than 46.9% of the share this week to get the % up.

Wii will be ahead of 50% for the week, so yeah, this number are helping Wii increase its market share.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ps3 can win in america against xbox 360. also, even though wii has dropped, it will still win this gen, no dramatic comeback from sony (most likely) but so much for the 50% marketshare for wii. that wont happen, maybe for a little while, but not for long.

Neos said:
tombi123 said:
PS3 never went below 120K a week WW, Leo-j PWNED Neos lol.

oh i so got pwned, i'm ready with the knife on my wrist already, i feel that bad about it.

Yeah well you talked too fast... I'm happy for Leo-j.

Around the Network

Skeezer, I thought you meant Ps3 vs Wii. Sorry.

Chrizum, I think this is stockpiling really. I mean, the only reason, imo, that the Wii did good this time last year was the hype for prime 3. We didn't get jack squat this time this year. (or this month, other that the Awesome Megaman and Strongbad which aren't really MEGA hits just sleeper hits.)

i dunno what going on. Wii is selling 100k more in others? PS3 and selling more in america than in others, and 360 selling more in others than in america? How does all this happen?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Wii sales will be like 50k down for the week WW, wonder what's going on, I guess stockpile + low shipments for the Americas, Europe is more important for Nintendo right now considering the value of the Euro vs the Dollar.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

So...

Before we had approximately 343k for the 360 for the month of July, now down to 339k.

We had 199k for the PS3 and we now have 282k for the PS3.

Seems like the PS3 was adjusted up more than the 360 was adjusted down, which was the opposite of what NPD showed.

(225k PS3, 205k 360 for NPD)

Not quite sure what to think about that.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

A large amount of kids started back to school monday, probably not alot of disposable income going around for parents to spend.