By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Breaks Down Gamers Into Groups

they cannot classify my gamer type apparently

heavy mmo player...i play on average 30+hrs a week on the pc playing mmo's. i also do 10hrs or so a week on the wii....

Around the Network

When StarcraftManiac tells you to get a life...you're in too deep.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Legend11 said:
If the heavy gamers make up 3.8 million it would mean that there are 190 million gamers in the U.S based on those pecentages... Even considering that those numbers include everyone from the people that play at pogo.com to the ones that own several consoles, are there really that many people that play videogames in the U.S.?

"190 million gamers in the U.S"

The link you gave said "the estimated 191 million gamers in the US"...

It also says:

"Besides buying in bulk, Heavy Gamers are also the most likely to buy games via digital download. However, they are trumped by Avid PC Gamers, who have the highest number of individuals who have purchased over half their games via online delivery. Three of every five Heavy Gamers buy game content via microtransactions like those on the PlayStation Store, Wii Virtual Console, or Xbox Live Marketplace."

So yeah, VC, Live and PSn are included. 

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

U.S. PC Gaming is bigger than I tought

get a life...hmm.

married for 12yrs almost, have 3 kids(6 and 3yr old twins), work 40 hrs a week,,, only mmo after kids in bed.

from ~9 til 1:30 nightly instead of watching tv, do the wii with the kids.. wife games more than i do....

Around the Network

PC gaming is indeed big...I don't get why a lot of you diss PC gamers so much.

We just had a Starcraft LAN party today. I didn't play, cause I never really played Starcraft (gasp). I'm going to get the Battle Chest in the next couple days and catch up though...so I'll be well prepared when Starcraft 2 comes out.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )