By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Microsoft's strategy is failing

THE FIRST REASON NOT BUYING XBOX IS RED RING OF DEATH!
Second is online: it costs.
Thats it for me.
If im gonna buy it its because JPRG:S.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
ookaze said:
Logical fallacies, red herrings, strawmen: classic!
I know pretty well that MS can provide charts to try to prove the unprovable, I don't need to be convinced. I'm sure I know some of them too. Your red mist prevents you from proof reading your own post?
Heck, I even saw some weeks ago a thread on how the XB360 had the best games in almost every gaming genre, including platformers or even "casual" (in fact social) games. And a few people dared challenge this nonsense. There's no need to anyway. So you're conceding that the Xbox360 has the best game lineup? Great thats an important part of the strategy.
I love how proving RROD is still there now is the burden of proof. Seems to me like proving it is no longer there should be the burden of proof. Of course, once again, MS knows pretty well how to shut off such things. The boards are still plenty with people saying they got RROD with their latest consoles. Really? I hardly notice them actually and I read every single one. Even the Neogaf thread is a strong indicator of the current reliability indication.
Now, even though it was supposed to be there already, the new XB360 revision is supposed to come with the next 60 GB SKU.

I don't care really, except that such a poor reliability in consoles should never have happened. Should I go back in time to kill the PSX/2 for being terribly unreliable?

You can see the strategy of HD consoles (not only XB360) has failed any way you look at it. Any and every way?
When you look at their message that HD is a great evolution, SD is bad, it's all good with rosy glasses. When you put true magnigying glasses, you see it for what it is: a big lie. Their biggest argument is based on a big lie. None of their big 1st party games are even HD! 640p, 600p, what a joke!
The only one that will perhaps deliver on its promise is Sony, and they're not even there yet. !!!! I have a huge thread of games that have lower resolution, AA, framerates, want me to lay it all down? Trust me its not pretty and the one that looks bad in the end is the PS3.

And they mocked a console that didn't have HD! They reap what they sow.

Can they sustain this train wreck for long? I doubt it.
XB360 still lost a lot of money: $2.5 B. They still have to get that back to even be profitable.
People that say they will put out a XB720 or anything soon are laughable.
They just forgot about that money that they need to get back, they also forgot about all these new franchises that need to have at least 2 more episodes before the console stops selling.
Or will they all of that become lies too? Uh no, marketing, not lies. But then, how can people trust them, if everything they say is lies?

They put $1 B to repair consoles instead of fixing the problem. Sorry, but replacing easily your broken console is a NA only thing. In other countries it's not as simple, and this kind of thing should not happen anyway.

Tease.

ookaze said:
Logical fallacies, red herrings, strawmen: classic!
I know pretty well that MS can provide charts to try to prove the unprovable, I don't need to be convinced. I'm sure I know some of them too.
Heck, I even saw some weeks ago a thread on how the XB360 had the best games in almost every gaming genre, including platformers or even "casual" (in fact social) games. And a few people dared challenge this nonsense. There's no need to anyway.
I love how proving RROD is still there now is the burden of proof. Seems to me like proving it is no longer there should be the burden of proof. Of course, once again, MS knows pretty well how to shut off such things. The boards are still plenty with people saying they got RROD with their latest consoles.
Now, even though it was supposed to be there already, the new XB360 revision is supposed to come with the next 60 GB SKU.

Care to give me a few threads that have a large number (more than 1-2 antecdotal instances) of Falcon/Jasper units RRODing in any sizable forum? NeoGAF has had a great thread for X360 owners with 500+ instances of RROD....When Falcon launched, there was a large (somewhere in the area of 80%) decrease in RROD cases when the Falcon was distributed, and last I checked, only 1-2% of all the consoles that had RRODed on their forums were Falcon...If not less. Dig up a few posts, go ahead, and do it to prove me wrong.

They put $1 B to repair consoles instead of fixing the problem. Sorry, but replacing easily your broken console is a NA only thing. In other countries it's not as simple, and this kind of thing should not happen anyway.

They fixed it, if you didn't notice. In April '07, they added the 2nd heatsink, and then the 65nm Falcon revision which made the system cooler reducing the chances of heat issues causing the RROD issues. Microsoft put $1b into warranties, and even more into fixing the problem. Again, provide a few arguments to back your claims up...Or are you just trying to spout without backing it up?

Oh, here we go for legitimate RROD information on Falcon, and non-Falcon X360's:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148060&page=86

Totals:

1,313 Dead Xbox 360s since Launch.

9 Falcon Xbox 360s.

4 RROD'ed Falcon Xbox 360s.

0.3% of RRODed consoles (on NeoGAF) are Falcon Xbox 360s, and approximately 0.6% had an issue that warranted a return. What kind of statistics are you looking for to quanitfy your argument?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Microsoft loose over 7 billion dollar with the xbox adventure until now. A lot of games are made for xbox because microsoft paid the publisher. If MS come to one's senses and decides not to pay more for the dark money burning hole that the xbox is ... what will be the future of this console?

I think the next MS console, will not be named xbox, because this name has a bad reputation among gamers because of the RROD.

Don't worry, I know pretty well what's going on with XB360 and RRoD.
Sorry, but when I see that even its best proponents relies on lies to give a false sense of security to legitimate would-be buyers, I think it's beyond sad.
Why are people so dishonest? Why is it always like that in MS land? Seriously!

The gamers know pretty well that MS did a system update so that far less problems were causing the RRoD. The problems are still there, mind you! They just cause another error, not a RRoD anymore. That was right when they announced they put aside $1 B for repairs.
I already said it, last fiscal year included Halo 3, their biggest money maker, and $1 B put aside to tackle on RRoD problems. MS are pros at doing these accounting tricks. I still wonder what their gaming financials will look like this fiscal year, when they have none of this.
But I digress.

So there are less RRoD since that famous system update, but XB360 proponents will not tell you that, they won't be honest (except some trusty gamers). They don't care about the gamers, they care about the machine selling the most only and bragging rights. This is sad!

RRoD is still there though, and the new XB360 revision is still not.
Oh, and no, workarounds are not fixes. These are two very different things.

Around the Network
z101 said:
Sony loose over 7 billion dollar with the PS3 adventure until now. A lot of games are made for PS3 because Sony paid the publisher. If Sony come to one's senses and decides not to pay more for the dark money burning hole that the PS3 is ... what will be the future of this console?

I think the next MS console, will not be named xbox, because this name has a bad reputation among gamers because of the RROD.

Its funny, if you change Microsoft with Sony and Xbox360 for PS3 it sounds about the same....

Tease.

ookaze said:
Don't worry, I know pretty well what's going on with XB360 and RRoD.
Sorry, but when I see that even its best proponents relies on lies to give a false sense of security to legitimate would-be buyers, I think it's beyond sad.
Why are people so dishonest? Why is it always like that in MS land? Seriously! Ad hominem/Begging the question

The gamers know pretty well that MS did a system update so that far less problems were causing the RRoD. The problems are still there, mind you! They just cause another error, not a RRoD anymore. That was right when they announced they put aside $1 B for repairs. Appeal to widespread belief.
I already said it, last fiscal year included Halo 3, their biggest money maker, and $1 B put aside to tackle on RRoD problems. MS are pros at doing these accounting tricks. I still wonder what their gaming financials will look like this fiscal year, when they have none of this. Begging the question
But I digress.

So there are less RRoD since that famous system update, but XB360 proponents will not tell you that, they won't be honest (except some trusty gamers). They don't care about the gamers, they care about the machine selling the most only and bragging rights. This is sad! False claim

RRoD is still there though, and the new XB360 revision is still not.
Oh, and no, workarounds are not fixes. These are two very different things.

Etc, come back when you can actually form a proper argument please.

Tease.

FishyJoe said:
dallas said:
FishyJoe said:
I still wouldn't classify Vista as a failure and don't even know why you brought it up in the first place. It may not be a smashing success but it's a long way from failure.

No, Vista is a dud b/c MS has lost some market share w/ its OSs.  Look at apple computers all of a sudden being more popular than they have been....b/c of Vista proving the apple dorks right.

If that's the threshold for failure, then the PS3 has accomplished it in spades because it has lost more market share than Vista ever will. Before anyone calls me a hater, I'm not calling the PS3 a failure. I'm merely providing perspective.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the consoles with the same standards, after given what you said you have to ask yourself why Sony would make a costly Blu ray drive a requirement for PS3's, and even sacrificing to some degree the power of the PS3's CPU to give more room for graphics?    Awnser:  b/c the new format is already bringing in money for sony and for the *whole* of Sony as opposed to Sony's games division, this has to be a financial homerun.

dallas said:
FishyJoe said:
dallas said:
FishyJoe said:
I still wouldn't classify Vista as a failure and don't even know why you brought it up in the first place. It may not be a smashing success but it's a long way from failure.

No, Vista is a dud b/c MS has lost some market share w/ its OSs.  Look at apple computers all of a sudden being more popular than they have been....b/c of Vista proving the apple dorks right.

If that's the threshold for failure, then the PS3 has accomplished it in spades because it has lost more market share than Vista ever will. Before anyone calls me a hater, I'm not calling the PS3 a failure. I'm merely providing perspective.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the consoles with the same standards, after given what you said you have to ask yourself why Sony would make a costly Blu ray drive a requirement for PS3's, and even sacrificing to some degree the power of the PS3's CPU to give more room for graphics?    Awnser:  b/c the new format is already bringing in money for sony and for the *whole* of Sony as opposed to Sony's games division, this has to be a financial homerun.

I could have sworn it was to defeat HD and secure Blu-Ray as the future format for HD, which still has yet to be accepted by the mainstream. I read somewhere that DVDs are still accounting for 96% of movie sales still? As for finance, maybe in the long term it will hep, but it hasn't made them any profit yet, it seems...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

dallas said:

Nintendo is still making more profit than the *whole* of Sony. That's what I call a financial homerun.

Sony is lowering their profit estimates. That's what I call a financial foul ball.