By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Name one commercial that actually made you purchase or want something.

rocketpig said:
Frodaddyg said:
Those Geico "caveman" commercials motivated me to buy two things. A gun, and a bus ticket to their advertising agency's offices.

I was pretty impartial to those commercials until they got their own TV show... Then I knew that those evil cavemen must be stopped at any cost.

I used to work as a bartender with a gal who I was kind of on the fence about dating. Cute, funny, but then I saw an ad for that show while we were working, and commented on how goddamned retarded it was going to be. She responds with "I think that looks really funny". From that point on, I knew I'd never do anything more than sleep with her with absolutely no emotional attachment. It's definitely a new experience to hate-fuck someone over a series of goddamned idiotic commercials and their sitcom spin-off.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

I want a sony Bravia, they put so much effort into their ads. As do Honda

Commercials are useless!

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

Frodaddyg said:
rocketpig said:
Frodaddyg said:
Those Geico "caveman" commercials motivated me to buy two things. A gun, and a bus ticket to their advertising agency's offices.

I was pretty impartial to those commercials until they got their own TV show... Then I knew that those evil cavemen must be stopped at any cost.

I used to work as a bartender with a gal who I was kind of on the fence about dating. Cute, funny, but then I saw an ad for that show while we were working, and commented on how goddamned retarded it was going to be. She responds with "I think that looks really funny". From that point on, I knew I'd never do anything more than sleep with her with absolutely no emotional attachment. It's definitely a new experience to hate-fuck someone over a series of goddamned idiotic commercials and their sitcom spin-off.

Now that I'm in the UP, I should apply that methodology to relationships.

The chances of me meeting any female with any similar tastes to my own is on about the same level as your odds of finding Obama's minister at a Klan meeting.

Shit, I can't even find a chick around here who wants a ride on a Ducati because "it's not a Harley". White-fucking-trash, ugh. Most of them even attend church, for crying out loud. How 1954 is that?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

EPIC ADVERT!

Around the Network

Coca Cola they used the best norwegian song ever in one of their commercials and made the song nearly impossible to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4in8y32eR4&feature=related

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Ha ha ha-

Trumpets.

Oh yeah, I bought a Virtual Boy. It's hard to think of any other reason that I got it.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Everytime I see A McDonalds ad it makes me want to fuck Ronald McDonald in the ass with a grenade launcher.

The Pepperidge Farm Gold Fish commercials.

They're among the few commercials that didn't make me want to change the channel.