By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A world without MS, Sony, ore Nintendo (one of them)

well i am going to say something nice about all 3 because i feel like it.

Sony made gaming main stream.

Microsoft brought FPS to consoles.

Nintendo created the first D-pad

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
I like Microsoft's online gaming

I like Sony's.....I like Sony's.......ARGH i cant do it

me neither...

i would have mentioned microsoft with online but dreamcast did it first

obieslut said:
well i am going to say something nice about all 3 because i feel like it.

Sony made gaming main stream. Not Really, NES was Mainstream. Sony sold more thoughg because they brought the consoles to regions that didn't have gaming in the Snes and NES days. Though I would say the PS and PS2 are much more Mainstream than the NES. I;m going to say that sony brought gaming to new regions as a good think from them.

Microsoft brought FPS to consoles. First console FPS were on the SNes/Genesis MS IDk? i guess they made console FPS more popular with Halo?

Nintendo created the first D-pad  I don't know if this is true, but you are most likely right. Nintendo revived a collapsed market would be a better choice.

MS - King of controllers. Seriously the Xbox S controller is the best of all time, closely followed by the 360's controller.

Sony - King of consoles. All of Sony's consoles have been my favourite of that generation.

Nintendo - King of creativity. You wouldn't believe how dumbstruck I was when I played Galaxy for the first time, perfect design in every sence of the word.

Around the Network

When it comes to creativity in industry... thats why @nicklebackro

Without Sega on Nintendo's back and Atari sueing the hell out of them and finally the looming gloom of a PC come back, a lot more would of been achieved, when you have an innovator as a market leader, as long as they continue to be innovative then a monopoly would be fine by me.

Anyway, the SNES's only chance from NES was a more complicated controller and colors, the distinction between it and the Genesis were in Software as far as the market goes, looking at the PS3 versus the Xbox360 you will see the same issue, should Nintendo had innovated like the originally planned then SNES would have been a place for adults and older profressionals as well as children and teenagers, instead they were too preoccupied with having a software advantage over Sega.

Back then the next logical step would have been the wiimote as that's actually what many American gamers at that time wanted, it would of been Nintendo that would first supply it, however it was too little too late as thier two attempts failed, I'm not going to be suprised when the next handheld is the virtual boy revisited, with a new method to control the game or even see it.

But Nintendo's ambition or at least NoJ was to bring interconnectivity to all SNES's, Sega was the first to pull it off in a way but they did it the only way they knew how, through software, after all they may have been a hardware company but they always functioned like a software company, that's the reason for thier numerous and laughed at ammount of sku's between genesis and dreamcast.

Power Glove, Zapper, Bongo, Virtual boy and a few more were examples of where Nintendo intended on taking the console world.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

it would be boring without microsoft.
i mean, come on, i need gears and gears 2, even though im a sony fan.

Nintendo brought something innovative to the table with motion controls. And they made some good business decisions such as making the console $250 with only one SKU to keep down confusion. Thats about all the good i can say. I don't really enjoy the games particularly.

I have PS3 and 360 so i have nothing to say.

I am Ted Nugent

Cat Scratch Fever

i hate ms in the console market. they just throw money at things. at least sony has a reason for wasting billions of dollars, blu ray. ms has none other than sony trying to say that they will take over all electronics in the living room/den.

nintendo and sony believe that their consoles and handhelds are important to the company (which they very much are), while ms sees the xbox as an entry into the hearts of consumers and into a hardware world.

as much as ms has increased competition, i dislike their goals and wish someone else would have entered the market. they might bring me around next gen, but they have lost me this gen.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Nice, at least some of you are fallowing the rules. Keep it up!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(