By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 80 GB "Core" PS3s are already in the US

The PS3 is still b/c with PS1. I mean, PS1 is no PS2, but PS1 did have a hell of a lineup.

I hate how people say removal of b/c with the complete and utter lack for the PS1, the second best selling system of all time.

OT:

Good that it ships with DS3.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 is still b/c with PS1. I mean, PS1 is no PS2, but PS1 did have a hell of a lineup.

I hate how people say removal of b/c with the complete and utter lack for the PS1, the second best selling system of all time.

OT:

Yeah, you can still play FF 7-9 so it isn't so bad. The games missing are GTA, SOCOM, and God Of War for me. I had a 60gb, but it broke so I bought a 40gb instead. It isn't so bad since every PS2 game I want to play I've beaten already. If I really do start missing PS2 games I'll just bust out my PS2 and start playing.

IMO, they will eventually add PS2 bc through software. It just makes more sense to do it that way. I think by next winter PS3's will have BC through software.

More people are getting it (from GAF):

DMeisterJ said:

OT:

100% agree

Anecdotal evidence I know but...

I was in Best Buy this afternoon and they had the new 80gigs in stock. It was actually the only PS3 SKU they had. No 40gigs or MGS4 bundles at all. There were however quite a few in stock. I saw one person buying one while I was there. It had to have been very recent because the employee didn't even know how much it was off hand.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

Sorry for the update but Sony has just confirmed that 80GB units are being shipped to retailers right now and people can buy it starting this week.

jasonnc80 said:
Anecdotal evidence I know but...

I was in Best Buy this afternoon and they had the new 80gigs in stock. It was actually the only PS3 SKU they had. No 40gigs or MGS4 bundles at all. There were however quite a few in stock. I saw one person buying one while I was there. It had to have been very recent because the employee didn't even know how much it was off hand.

Yesterday afternoon at best buy they had a pair of the new 80 gig, it was also the only sku they had, they both

got bought while i was looking at em btw.

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

I've already seen the 80GB model at Walmart and Fry's near where I live (in fact, that is the only SKU they have).

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

80GB SKU is currently available through Amazon

It´s nice to see the probable model of PS3 I´m going to buy. Hopefully, by the time I buy it it will be cheaper or come bundled with something.

www.jamesvandermemes.com