By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBiGPlanet to reach 10mil + lifetime sales?

masterb8tr said:
Stillwell said:
It'll do no where near 10 million.

agree

double agree

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

LOLS

Actually, I'm bored so I'll give a full reply

According to VGchartz, 28 games have sold over 10 million

22 of these are 1st party Nintendo
2 are Gran Tourismo
1 is the Sims
3 are GTA

I doubt LBP will become the 7th highest selling non Nintendo game ever

UUHH No.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

It could do, but its unlikely. Still, if it lives upto hype and turns out to be something special it would deserve it.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

It will sell 1.5x of the LTD PS3 sales... every kid in the household will have its own copy :P

Godot said:
This makes this prediction looks brilliant: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28536

Now that I've seen that.. Gearbox seems like Crazzyman's alt. Who knows though...

Gearbox said:

I have a strong reason to belive that just abotu every PS3 owner will OWN LittleBiGPlanet. Why you ask? Well HAVE YOU LOOKED AT IT? There are very few people who don't like the game but say they still wan try it out, others think it;s just a normal platformer, and EVERY1 else thinks it's amazing and everyone can play it! So Any1 agree with me that it will sell over 10mil lifetime sales? Possible even 20mil!!!!!?

EDIT

You know it's just the little things that make a game big, and you can already tell that LBP is very keen on detail. For example http://littlebigplanet.com/en_US/ Mouse over the sack boy and watch what he does.

Your prediction fails on so many levels. 10 million. 10....million....

firstly i dont know anybody outside this site who has heard of the game

secondly people in stores will pick it up and most likely think 'kiddie shit'

thirdly your assuming that over half the PS3 install base will buy the game. If half didnt buy GTA4 (the most anticipated game for a while) they sure as hell aint buying LBP.

Im sorry

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

only game on the horizon that can sell 10million is GT5

Maybe LBP wouldn't be receiving such anti-hype if users weren't going around posting ridiculous notions such as this. That is over 50% of the current install base. Yes the Wii and DS have somewhat raised our expectations of what software can sell this generation but even still expecting every blockbusters title to do such numbers is ridiculous. I'm going to say 3 million if it's lucky and 3.5 if it's really lucky. More realistically 1.75 to 2.5 million, and I'm a fan of the game who's going to pick a ps3 for it. I'm not pulling shit out of my behind because I like what I've seen of the game.