By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBiGPlanet to reach 10mil + lifetime sales?

i really hope

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network

Give me some of that stuff, man, I'm out.

No...Not even 2 million.

That's definitely a bold statement. Not even Halo 3 reached 10 million sales lifetime. But, anything can happen. I just hope that the game is received with praise.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Guidelines to understanding my train of thought:

• THE METAL GEAR SOLID FRANCHISE IS THE BEST THING TO HIT THE PLANET SINCE THE PS3!! THUS, MGS FRANCHISE >> SLICED-BREAD.
  • Solid Snake shall and well always shove 1up mushrooms up Mario's ass. 
  • Solid Snake shall and well always decimate Master Chief with a flurry of rocket launchers, shotgun rounds, and a 20 minute monologue.

It wont be near 10 million, if it's big it might get around 5milion lifetime, but 10 milion prediction is based on nothing but Sony fans hope. It will be a damn good game but no where near as popular as MKwii or Wii fit. Plus many current PS3 owners so proud of being "uberhardcore" might not be interested in it at all.

Around the Network

if its bundled for a few years then it might reach a high number, but on its own it'll crawl to 2 millions.

Will not pass 3M ever. Most likely fails to make 2M.

I'm sorry but even with the massive push that Sony will give it this game is far to niche to ever approach those numbers.

YOU WISH

masterb8tr said:
it should be bundled for the rest of the generation.

I agree.  LBP will probably have the same global gamer appeal as Super Mario World on the SNES.  If it is included in a bundle long term, I could see it reaching a wide audience. If it is only bundled for a limited time, I still think it will have the legs to sell a lot more than 2 million.

I predict it will sell 155 million copies and PS3 will sell 300million lifetime.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down