By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Game Informer really rated Too Human a 6.5?

I remember reading a post on VGchartz that said GI gave Too Human a 6.5, but I don't see any proof of this on the internet.  Usually gameranking.com will list the score before the months issue is out, but currently there are no reviews shown for this game.  I also checked out gameinformer.com and there is no review listed for this game.  Does anybody know if this is correct or not.  I used to get GI but my subscription ran out last month so I don't know if this months issue is out yet.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

They gave it a 6.75, got my issue yesterday. The original thread on this was a typo, the OP meant to put 6.75 but missed the 7 in title.

no shit, that sucks I guess.  What did they say was wrong with the game?

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Well to be honest there seemed to be quite a few complaints.
The controls were bashed for being inconsistent, job balance, story was called a "trainwreck". The main plus seemed to be the extensive customization options. Tons of weapons and armor and alot of different enhancements that can be applied to them.

docholliday said:
The controls were bashed for being inconsistent, job balance, story was called a "trainwreck". The main plus seemed to be the extensive customization options. Tons of weapons and armor and alot of different enhancements that can be applied to them.

Does that mean that the story has tons of plot holes?  I knew the story would be a little confusing from what I played from the demo but I didn't think it would have tons of plot holes.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
docholliday said:

Does that mean that the story has tons of plot holes?  I knew the story would be a little confusing from what I played from the demo but I didn't think it would have tons of plot holes.

It did not help that they did not really explain anything. I think the story could be quite interesting, and although the demo was confusing, it was indeed interesting, I just did not enjoy playing the game

"It just keeps getting worse as it goes, unintentionally turning hallowed characters Thor and Loki into stooges that you can't help but point at and openly mock. On one hand, you want the game to provide more narrative to tie things together. On the other hand, you want less, because its hard to endure as is."

I played the demo myself and kinda had mixed feelings about it. I really didnt like the analog controls but figured I could adjust to it if the rest of the game was strong. The story getting bashed really concerns me though.

docholliday said:
"It just keeps getting worse as it goes, unintentionally turning hallowed characters Thor and Loki into stooges that you can't help but point at and openly mock. On one hand, you want the game to provide more narrative to tie things together. On the other hand, you want less, because its hard to endure as is."

I played the demo myself and kinda had mixed feelings about it. I really didnt like the analog controls but figured I could adjust to it if the rest of the game was strong. The story getting bashed really concerns me though.

Game Informer are comparable to Famitsu if the fact that they score games based on how much they think the mass market will enjoy it(or in Famitsu's case, what the community wants)

If the story is as bad as GI says it is, then Denis Dyack is a bad storyteller

I dont know I think the combat is not that great and the graphics look ok

not a good sign