By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Future of Kingdom Hearts, 360? or PS3?

I posted this in the now-closed thread:

As stated before, Kingdom Hearts is the brainchild of Tetsuya Nomura. He has full creative control over the series, and is personally involved with every game that comes out, even the mobile phone games.

From the article. Only one thing wrong with this ... Disney owns the characaters that have made this series so popular. And Disney seems to be really behind the Wii (and making money that way).

Plus, if Nomura is so into Sony platforms and has complete control, why is there even a DS version of the game. (I did not mention mobile phones because Sony is into that too).

Basically this is as much fanboy rubbish -- plus this was an article saying it won't be on 360. It even admits it could come out on Wii:

3) The game honestly has a better chance of finding its way to the Wii before the Xbox. Nomura seems to have quite a liking for Nintendo, he’s already developed 2 “Kingdom Hearts” titles for them, “Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories” for the Gameboy Advance, and the upcoming “Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days” for the DS

Finally, connecting BluRay to PS3 is a bit spurius. After all, games based on Sony's movie studios are multi platform (Calling James Bond).

All I can say is consider the source(s).

We will know about KH3 -- when and IF it comes. That IF may be getting larger as there are few Disney franchises worth exploring and the longer delay makes a sequel less likely.

ADD FROM PREVIOUS POST: Remember that while SE does the development, Disney owns much of the content (Donald, Goofy, the world's they visit, etc.). Without Disney, there is no Kingdom Hearts. So SE is beholden to Disney unless it wants to start visiting another animation universe. I can see it now - Kingdom Hearts III visits Hannah-Barabera's worlds: Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Disney is really behind the Wii, just check High School Musical, the most recent Wii million seller. I doubt any other console besides DS has brought in so much profit.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

anyway in the end.

the only people that will suffer are the one that have no money to buy another console.

i own a wii and ps3, and seriously i could go any of them
i would prefer it go to the ps3 since the better graphics similar control to the ps2, since the gameplay is going to stay the same.

if the comming to the wii it won't use much of the wii remote, similar the 358/2 & birth by sleep doesn't use the touch screen.
since kh group believes it would be better to remain faithful to the button masher it is (a good one though).

if its comming to the wii, great!, but i won't be as epic as it was on the ps3.

i hope just hope it have a huge budget like previous kingdom hearts.

Ah yes. More crap-flinging spawned from the bowels of the KH series.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:

The definition of former? I know what former means.

What are you trying to prove?

Rofl...Did the word former have a link to it? Jumping to conclusions so fast are we...

Your comprehension level is rather interesting if you ask me.

Aha...lowering to quick jabs without giving me the point you're trying to make. Nice. All this arguing has amounted to what...nothing? WTF are you trying to say to me? Spit it out.

Its pointless...I wont simplify it to where it sounds like I'm speaking to  a 7 year old.  Read over my posts, maybe you'll understand what my point is.

Well, Soriku sounds more intelligent than a 13 year old, and he has more knowledge of KH and SE. I dunno about you, but he's owning you in quotes.

1)Your late.

2)Your trolling.

3)What quotes?

He's trolling? Dude...you act like I don't know what the word disapprove means when you don't know what trolling means. You even said I was trolling when I said the 360's system graphical capabilities/specs were the same as the PS3 (I don't even own a 360 for God's sake).

Hmm...I see how far the hypocrism goes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

"someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response"

You were trying to turn this thread into a semanatics class. He was just trying to disprove you about me acting like a retard. He even mentioned KH and SE in his post.

Thanks for making yourself look ridiculous.

Yes you really dont call that off topic...Your making youself look like a buffoon. More then half of this thread is off topic.

Around the Network

As much as i've laughed looking at the comments in this thread, probably ought to stop arguing who is off topic more because the topic is getting, well, off.

Still, this thread made my day. The only time I laugh more is on /b/.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I think if either Soriku or Obliterator1700 left the thread or just ignored one another, this thread wouldn't have lasted this long?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Shadowblind said:

As much as i've laughed looking at the comments in this thread, probably ought to stop arguing who is off topic more because the topic is getting, well, off.

Still, this thread made my day. The only time I laugh more is on /b/.

you can't laugh, they will ban you for laughing of fanboys.

Millennium said:

3) The same Tetsuya Nomura who is on record as saying that he doesn't want to put KH on the PS3?

6) Motion controls would vastly improve KH, as they can improve all other games. The fans want a good game, and the Wii, unlike its competitors, allows games to be genuinely better and not just prettier. This is what the fans want: better games. 

For number 3: You better pull some type of evidence because you just lost every ounce of credibility you had and more.

For # 6: I don't see how waggle can improve KH. It didn't help out NMH too much. (outside of finishing slash that was about all that was used well)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lol... *Pops head in* ITS GONNA GO PSP EXCLUSIVE! cause of Birth by sleep yayness! *leaves*