By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, seems like it's well accepted that...

...while the exact numbers are still quite unknown, it seems pretty clear that Nintendo will win by a large margin, followed by Sony in second, and then Microsoft last.

Do you agree?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

B-b-b-b-b-but 10 year plan!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

No, but I'm in the minority. What you wrote is clearly what the majority thinks, but I just can't see where the whole "Sony is going to beat Microsoft" is coming from. I think Microsoft is going to come in second, albeit narrowly, due to their headstart. I just don't think Sony will catch up.

Between MS and Sony, regardless of who ends up in 2nd or 3rd place, they'll be so close to each other it won't even matter.

That's what I think, at least.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
No, but I'm in the minority. What you wrote is clearly what the majority thinks, but I just can't see where the whole "Sony is going to beat Microsoft" is coming from. I think Microsoft is going to come in second, albeit narrowly, due to their headstart. I just don't think Sony will catch up.

This... or what if Sony make their basic SKU around 299$? I mean, it only depends when Blu-Ray is going to beat DVDs.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Sony will win this generation. Yes thats right

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Microsoft did manage to surprise me at E3. I think the RRoD killed their chances for 2nd this gen, but I think it might end up closer than analyists are predicting between 2nd and 3rd.

However, the Wii will probably take top spot by a lot of units.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I agree, but the 360 won't be far behind of the PS3.

I think it's getting very exciting. For long it seemed that Sony was definitely going to beat MS but now it isn't that certain anymore. I'd still lean more towards Sony, though.

Nintendo is a very different case, however. I believe Sony might have a chance to challenge them, but that's just might, not will. Sony might be able to challenge them only if they beat MS early enough. MS on the other hand, has no chance against Nintendo even if they win Sony (unless they can somehow change their image which would be a small miracle at this point).

Please note that I'm not implying Sony will be able to challenge Nintendo; I'm only saying they might have a chance if everything goes well for them.

Nintendo will be first with around 60% market share, then comes Sony, then comes Microsoft.
Sony will have the edge because of PS3 can still drop price more than 360(I think in the HD wars this IS kind of relevant), and because I think PS3 will live longer, because of Microsoft launching the 360's successor some time earlier, killing of the 360 a bit fast.
This will give the PS3 enough time on the market to pass it with maybe 5-10 million

At least I think so.