By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think LittleBigPlanet can boost PS3 or sell in Japan?

I find it odd you think games developed outside Japan and that are not RPGs don't sell. Okay so my example is going back a few years but according to this site, Crash Bandicoot cold nearly 1 million in Japan alone, Crash 2 and 3 sold well over 1 million. but then was a different time.

I think it'll sell well enough to be considered successful in Japan.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I think it will help a bit, but the really only game that can help ps3 is final fantasy 13.

The Japanese wont find LBP to be anything that they couldn't be more creative with. They've come up with far more creative characters, but I doubt it will hurt as bad as most think. As far as sales it shouldnt do so badly in Japan. They like little cute character games, especially in platform format. Not to say that platformers always work with them, but thhis one is being marketed like Sonys end all be all of platformers.

LBP will sell better then MGS4 in Japan

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

if after all the attention sony have given to LBP it would be a crime for them not to market it properly

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network

I don't have clue but think a lot will be down to how the Japanese react to the art style and approach. If they like it then it could actually sell like gangbusters... and I can see the Japanese getting a lick out of creating and sharing levels with friends... but on the other hand they could just ignore it from the get go.

What's funny about LBP is its really a small game, build by a small studio who themselves seem to have refrained from hyping the title, that has turned into something potentially big for the PS3 and has Sony really pushing the title.

I sometimes get the feeling the actual developers would prefer less hype than they're getting but I suppose its out of their hands now.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Monster hunter ( 200 k on ps2) save psp so maybe ...

It definitely has a good chance to boost the sales. It seems like something the Japanese might actually like.