By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - gamecube wavebird

SaviorX said:
I think they should keep selling GC controllers. For games like Smash where Wiimote play is difficult, a GameCube controller is necessary.

They shouldn't be produced in bulk, but 500 here, 1,000 there would be pretty good. Nintendo can't lose with small numbers like that. Plus, it makes the 3rd place ranking of the GC hurt a little less (at least, that's what I think)

False. I'm fine with the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo.

Anyway, they are still selling GCN controllers in Japan.

Around the Network
arsenal009 said:

Hey, i'm thinking of getting a wavebird controller. I live in US, does it matter what region the controller is from?

the region doesn't matter.. they are not region coded.

and I saw them at EB Games here just two days ago.

I have 4 of them and we use them a lot, they get GREAT battery life. 

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

region coded control pads you say?

this surely must call for a facepalm?

tehsage said:
SaviorX said:
I think they should keep selling GC controllers. For games like Smash where Wiimote play is difficult, a GameCube controller is necessary.

They shouldn't be produced in bulk, but 500 here, 1,000 there would be pretty good. Nintendo can't lose with small numbers like that. Plus, it makes the 3rd place ranking of the GC hurt a little less (at least, that's what I think)

False. I'm fine with the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo.

Anyway, they are still selling GCN controllers in Japan.

I was more comfortable with the Wavebird though. But honestly, I never took the time to master the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I tried to look for a wave bird as well because the Gamecube wire is so fucking small I can't even sit on the back of my couch when I'm playing unlike with my PS2, Nintendo 64 and SNES controllers. They are really expansive though. I rather pay 50$ on an additional Wiimote or Xbox 360 controller than another gamecube controller.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

yeah, I agree. I need the C stick in brawl and the R to steer in MKwii D:

Derixs said:

I have 2 of these and I am thinking of picking up 2 more. If you find them at a retailer let us know which one. I would love to get rid of my other wired controlers.

Actually, i got them online, haven't seen them in retailers for awhile.

@everyone else, thanks for the quick responses, just bought 2 wavebirds online!

matt247 said:
i think they are not allowed for sale because Nintendo did not settle in that lawsuit.

Interesting, what lawsuit is that?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself