By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NTDOY closed at $47.40!

i didn't get in until $32, when i first heard of the Wii :P which is jan 2007.

bought a second batch at $40.

so haven't made nearly as much as you did :)

could consider some more depending on E3 news, but at 34 p/e seems pricey.

then again, the p/e was at like 40 when it's at $32, so what do i know. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Considering the massive earnings growth, I wouldn't worry too much about PE. When the new Q1 numbers come out, the PE will be considerably lower.

that's true. with the growing wii and ds user base software sales will grow a lot faster too.

E3+earnings season. wow. what will this stock do?

the Wii is an epidemic.

Could some of the wise help an ill-informed, wannabe investor...

I've been meaning to learn about the stock market for a long time now, but never really got around to it.  Where does one start to make sense of all the variables and factors involved?

When the Wii was announced, I was optimistic on the outlook for Nintendo.  Back then I wanted to make a modest investment with a couple of friends (small enough that it wouldn't hurt if we lost), but none of us had sufficient knowledge to follow through.  Today we're all kicking ourselves for not taking the time to understand it and make the investment.

I'm now more anxious to learn, but where is the best place to start if I'm dreadfully ignorant on the subject?

There are plenty of good books out there that can help you get started. Just do an Amazon search like "beginner investing" and pick one. You can also learn a lot by visiting finance.yahoo.com, www.fool.com and other investing sites. That should provide you with enough information to open up a broker account and start trading.

Around the Network

i like fool.com, that's how i got started.

later, i took some completely mathematical finance course (basically stochastic calculus), which really have absolutely nothing to do with the stock market, and i can safely say by far it's fool.com that's got the most useful practical advice.

so, spend some time there, get a general feeling how people think about stocks. they also have a great community.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Thanks for the response FishyJoe and Lingyis. Much reading to do, and hopefully I'll learn in time to take advantage of the Wii-fever. If not, well.. other chances will come and I won't be sitting on the fence next time

Even if you don't invest in NTDOY, it's a good thing to learn. It's a lifelong skill that will pay for itself many times over.

Well, looks like the market liked Nintendo's showings today. We are up to $51!!!

Always a telling sign ;)

More sales and marketshare coming in for Nintendo... stay tuned!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099