By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor - First picture of Wii external hard drive?????

I love how they claim it's nintendo yet don't show a seal, or the Nintendo logo or even the kanji for Nintendo..

The concept of this little trick gets a B+ but the execution gets a D and F for attention to detail.

Around the Network

Finally, a multipurpose Wii accessory to store cold drinks after all that Wii fit, cool the room for living rooms filled with players playing 8 player games and store all those VC/Wiiware games!

Nintendo will never stop innovating! :)

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Very doubtful that is real.  Especially since it doesn't seem to have the simplicity of every other Wii addon.

LOL this is funny, the japanese character on the top of picture always said it is a portable air conditioner fan

Obviously fake.

I'd rather have ultra low memory then that ugly hunk of plastic.

Around the Network

wow, if it runs on bateries, this might be a good solution for summer camping when its nasty humid out...

but we still need a Wii HDD

fake

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

I still believe that if the Wii get's an external HDD that it will use bluetooth to send info from Wii to the HDD no cords, the only support I have for this is that Nintendo never anticipated this storage issue.

Which would mean the HDD could be stored anywhere.

But it would be cool.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

If Nintendo made an external hard drive for the Wii, I would expect something more like this:

This is how you hook it up to your Wii:

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick