By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madden 09 for Wii bombs, will EA drop the "All Play" Gimmick?

Onimusha12 said:
psrock said:
Onimusha12 said:
psrock said:
\

How do you blame EA if this game doesnt sell on the wii? Frankly, at least they are trying and have now taken into focus how important the Wii development is to their success. If anything, maybe wii owners don't care for these types of games.

Says the avid Sony fanboy.

Considering EA is 95 million dollars in the hole as of the first quarter, I think its fair to assume their business sense isn't exactly the best.

Seriously, prove to me that i am an avid Sony fanboy., and thank you too.

Anyway, they have invested more into the wii than most other Developers out there. They even came out and said so. Your problem is, you see the wii as the ps2, it's not. It will sell better, but it wont ever get that kind of support.

from gamespot :

Taking questions from the audience, Riccitiello was asked about several years of less-than-stellar performance on the stock market. He responded first by saying that the company is aligned behind the goal of driving shareholder value, but acknowledged that the company could have better handled the recent transition between console generations.

"[This transition has been] harder because of the complexity," Riccitiello said, "and harder because unfortunately, we bet a little bit on the wrong horse in focusing so much on the PS3 and Xbox 360, and to a lesser degree on the Wii. And let me assure you that almost all of us in the industry made the same judgment. So after so many transitions of guessing exactly right, we got this one a little bit wrong and we're dealing with that now with strong investments on the Wii."

Your name is PSRock for god sakes and you frequently post in favor of Sony as one of their more infamous suporters.

So you admit they've been doing bad business by not supporting the Wii more? And agree this is what Wii support should be? Lol.

EA admitted they did not focus on the wii, but they have started to supporting the console. When most Multi Plat games are not taken seriously by other dev, this year, i actually think the best Madden can only be played on the wii.

Like i said before, dont blame EA on this, blame the market.

btw, i am tougher on Sony and MS than Nintendo. I write without bias, but with pure anger against everything.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Onimusha12 said:
psrock said:
Onimusha12 said:
psrock said:

How do you blame EA if this game doesnt sell on the wii? Frankly, at least they are trying and have now taken into focus how important the Wii development is to their success. If anything, maybe wii owners don't care for these types of games.

Says the avid Sony fanboy.

Considering EA is 95 million dollars in the hole as of the first quarter, I think its fair to assume their business sense isn't exactly the best.

Seriously, prove to me that i am an avid Sony fanboy., and thank you too.

Anyway, they have invested more into the wii than most other Developers out there. They even came out and said so. Your problem is, you see the wii as the ps2, it's not. It will sell better, but it wont ever get that kind of support.

from gamespot :

Taking questions from the audience, Riccitiello was asked about several years of less-than-stellar performance on the stock market. He responded first by saying that the company is aligned behind the goal of driving shareholder value, but acknowledged that the company could have better handled the recent transition between console generations.

"[This transition has been] harder because of the complexity," Riccitiello said, "and harder because unfortunately, we bet a little bit on the wrong horse in focusing so much on the PS3 and Xbox 360, and to a lesser degree on the Wii. And let me assure you that almost all of us in the industry made the same judgment. So after so many transitions of guessing exactly right, we got this one a little bit wrong and we're dealing with that now with strong investments on the Wii."

Your name is PSRock for god sakes and you frequently post in favor of Sony as one of their more infamous suporters.

So you admit they've been doing bad business by not supporting the Wii more? And agree this is what Wii support should be? Lol.

EA admitted they did not focus on the wii, but they have started to supporting the console. When most Multi Plat games are not taken seriously by other dev, this year, i actually think the best Madden can only be played on the wii.

Like i said before, dont blame EA on this, blame the market.

btw, i am tougher on Sony and MS than Nintendo. I write without bias, but with pure anger against everything.

Well I'll take your word on it then, my mistake for assuming you were a Sony fanboy.

Locked as per author request.