By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Dead Rising confirmed for the PS3?

On comment #121 of the official Playstation Blog, John Diamonon replys to a comment talking about Dead Rising for the PS3, stating "You haven't seen the last of Dead Rising." Could this be an unofficial announcement that Dead Rising is indeed coming to the PS3?

While many know Capcom supports multiplatform games and has a Dead Rising Wii version coming soon, can this only mean that its coming to the PS3 also?

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-182366.aspx

What du u guys think could it be true.

Around the Network

Hopefully a sequel. Dead Rising is already two years old. A PS3 port of an old game that already sold millions on a rival console does not equal a hit. Look at MGS2 on XBOX or Capcom's own Lost Planet on PS3. Simultaneous launches are the way to go. I doubt that even the mighty Bioshock will sell well.

Could be true. But if it's a port or a sequel, is a whole different story. Dead Rising 2 PS360 multiplatform?
I'm quite certain it isn't the port from the Wii version and financially thinking, releasing the Dead Rising: Chop 'till You Drop and announcing Dead Rising 2 right after, would be brilliant marketing.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

^^^Pretty clever, bdbdbd. And it's about time for a sequel too. The original ending was begging for one.

If it's a rumor, how can it be confirmed?

There have been rumors about Dead Rising 2 for a while now, so I suspect that's what he's referring to. Please, God, let that be what he's referring to!

Around the Network

It all depends on if there's another coming to the XB360. Since the PS3 has at least posted a challenge to the XB360, development would probably make sense to do both HD consoles. With RE5 coming out, they could use the RE5 engine, just as the Wii version of DR wil use the RE4 engine

I say the sequel goes multiplat. Similar to what Sega did with the Condemned series. The first game was a X360 exclusive the sequel was multi-platform.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

@D21: It would be a similar strategy that Capcom used with RE4 and UC. Besides, i'm really having hard time to believe in exclusivity on either HD console, unless someone paid them.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Capacom should do Dead rising 2 for both ps3 and 360.

Dude, whether DR is coming on PS3 or not, can you keep this "Rumor:.... Confirmed ????" n4g s**t out of this site? Thank you in advance.