By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK software sales charts for week ending 1 July

All data is taken from www.chart-track.co.uk no numbers is given, and they mix all multiplat in one big pile.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (FULL PRICE), WEEK ENDING 30 June 2007

LW

TW     Title Developer Label Publisher
- 1     HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX EA UK EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 2     THE DARKNESS STARBREEZE 2K GAMES TAKE 2
7 3     SHREK THE THIRD VICARIOUS VISIONS ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
- 4     RESIDENT EVIL 4 CAPCOM CAPCOM CAPCOM
1 5     FORZA MOTORSPORT 2 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
- 6     TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS UBISOFT (MONTREAL) RED STORM UBISOFT
3 7     PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END EUROCOM ENTERTAINMENT DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
4 8     SPIDER-MAN 3 VICARIOUS VISIONS ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
- 9     OVERLORD TRIUMPH CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS
2 10     COLIN MCRAE: DIRT CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS
5 11     TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERSARY CRYSTAL DYNAMICS EIDOS EIDOS
11 12     VIRTUA TENNIS 3 SUMO DIGITAL SEGA SEGA
9 13     TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 07 EA REDWOOD SHORES EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
8 14     FLATOUT: ULTIMATE CARNAGE BUGBEAR EMPIRE EMPIRE INTERACTIVE
- 15     HOUR OF VICTORY NFUSION INTERACTIVE MIDWAY MIDWAY
6 16     MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED FOOTBALL NEXT LEVEL GAMES NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 17     CALL OF JUAREZ TECHLAND UBISOFT UBISOFT
13 18     NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 19     TENCHU Z K2 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
14 20     THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
10 21     FANTASTIC 4: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER VISUAL CONCEPTS 2K GAMES TAKE 2
12 22     COMMAND & CONQUER 3: TIBERIUM WARS EA LA EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
18 23     WARIO WARE: SMOOTH MOVES INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS NINTENDO NINTENDO
15 24     SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS SONIC TEAM SEGA SEGA
20 25     FOOTBALL MANAGER 2007 SPORTS INTERACTIVE SEGA SEGA
22 26     NINTENDOGS: DALMATIAN & FRIENDS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
21 27     ARMORED CORE 4 FROM SOFTWARE 505 GAMES 505 GAMES
29 28     GUITAR HERO II HARMONIX REDOCTANE ACTIVISION
- 29     SIM CITY MAXIS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
19 30     MEDAL OF HONOR: VANGUARD EA LA EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
16 31     GOD OF WAR II SONY COMPUTER ENT. (USA) SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
37 32     MARIO KART DS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
28 33     BRIAN LARA INTERNATIONAL CRICKET 2007 CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS
17 34     FINAL FANTASY III MATRIX SOFTWARE SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
26 35     PONY FRIENDS TANTALUS EIDOS EIDOS
27 36     RESISTANCE: FALL OF MAN INSOMNIAC SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
25 37     THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION BETHESDA UBISOFT UBISOFT
31 38     POKEMON RANGER HAL LABORATORY INC NINTENDO NINTENDO
38 39     NINTENDOGS: LAB & FRIENDS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
30 40     UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2006-2007 HB STUDIOS EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

Harry Potter is the name of the game (a multiplat), hard to say much about which consol that has sold the most, but the following could be stated. Resident Evil Wii version sold more on the Wii list than Harry Potter (but it come on position 3 (2 if we remove Wii Play)). Follow link to see Wii charts

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110030

Harry Potter was no big seller on PS3, entered the list below Tom Clancy, Resistance and Motorstorm. The last title didn't even entered the top 40 (all formats). So PS3 sales seems to be very little compared to Wii. Were there is 5 more games in the top 40 (all formats that sold worse). Follow link to see PS3 charts

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110031

An early look seems to indicate that the xbox360 sales of Harry Potter should be insignificant but xbox360 has 8 games before that all is in top 40.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110027

But I guess that the real big seller is the PS2 version which took the lead of the PS2 charts.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110006

Looking at other games than the first one, we can see that xbox360 had great software sales, at least 8 games in the top 20, white multiplat Tom Clancy and Harry we have 10 games.

The Wii software sales were also quit good, with 8 games in the top 25 which entered the list on Wii power alone.

PS3 software was not as good, only two games in the top 36, Tom Clancy and Resistance.

Final comment, Sonic Wii might have been a failure in USA and Japan but it seems to have been in the Top 40 since launch in UK. Of coursehow much software that response to is hard to say. Resistance seems to be the number one "system" seller as the only PS3 software that is quit stable in the top 40. Xbox360 is really strong in UK software always have software in the top 10.

Comments? 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network
Forgot the Chart-Tracks news pice:

EA’s ‘Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix’ is top of the class this week, heading a roster of 4 new games in the Top 5 of the All Formats Chart.

EA recorded 16 All Formats No1s in the first half of last year, but in 2007 has to settle for only 5. Last week’s No1 ‘Forza Motorsport 2’ from Microsoft takes a spin, down to No6, but the Xbox 360 format enjoys a strong week thanks to the successful launch of Take 2’s new I.P ‘The Darkness’ at No2 in the All Formats Chart (No1 in the Xbox 360 Full Price Chart). There are in fact 6 new games in the Xbox 360 Full Price Top 10 out of which Codemasters’ ‘Overlord’ and Midway’s ‘Hour of Victory’ break into the All Format Top 40 at No’s 13 and 23 respectively. Activision’s multi-format ‘Shrek the Third’ appropriately takes up the No3 position, up from a launch week No13 – selling only 11 units less than current Xbox 360 exclusive ‘The Darkness’. ‘Resident Evil 4’ also lives up to its title, re-entering the Top 40 at No4 thanks to the launch of the Wii edition, while ‘More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima’ debuts at No5, finally pushing its older namesake out of the Top 10, down from No8 to No12.

The PS3 version of Ubisoft’s ‘Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas’ is a new entry at the Top of the PS3 chart, while it re-enters the All Formats Top 40 at No7. There are now 4 film licenses in the All Formats Top 10 thanks not only to ‘Harry Potter’ at No1 and ‘Shrek the Third’ at No3, but Disney’s ‘Pirates of the Carribbean: At World’s End’ down from No4 to No8 and Take 2’s ‘Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer’ down from No2 to No9. The Top 10 is rounded off by ‘Wii Play’ which falls from No5 to No10. The release of an Xbox 360 version of ‘Call of Juarez’ from Ubisoft shoots it into the All Formats Top 40 for the first time, at No26, while Microsoft’s ‘Tenchu Z’, debuting at No31, makes it 7 new games in the All Formats Top 40 this week.

Man, I sure wish they would separate titles by platform.

FishyJoe said:
Man, I sure wish they would separate titles by platform.

Agree but with some small tweaking and looking at the seperate charts you could at leastget a grip on how many games that each plattform has in the top 40.

hah the darkness got owned by potter xD

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:
hah the darkness got owned by potter xD

Well the darkness was only released on xbox360 (why I don't know)

The Darkness was delayed to like July 20th for the PS3. Reason? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for the chart, robjoh.

Dolla Dolla said:
The Darkness was delayed to like July 20th for the PS3. Reason? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for the chart, robjoh.

No problem, and thanks for the info...

Harry Potter is propped up to No.1 thx to the PS2 and Wii(to a lesser extent)
Darkness , hm.. i dont see it in the PS3 charts, x360 timed exclusive.
R6:Vegas is up thanks to the PS3 release.
RE4 (Wii) Lousy time for it come up against Harry Potter. (Different Audience I guess so and hope so :-p)
Dirt fell rather fast, when is the PS3 version coming out?
Hour Of Victory @ 15 poor saps who bought this one. Gamespot gave it 2.0/10
Techu Z bombed, unlike the US charts. X360 not strong enough to hold 2 s/w debuts. What worries me, is that crap like hour of vicotry is doing better.

On a sidenote CnC:Tiberium Sun is burning up the PC charts for the past few weeks.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Man Tiger Woods is really doing well on Wii. It has longer legs than Mario Strikers. Anyone else see that? Thats freakin nuts. Nice for EA I suppose.

So what was it for Harry Potter, PS2 > Wii > PS3 > 360?