By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK software sales charts for week ending 1 July

Dolla Dolla said:
The Darkness was delayed to like July 20th for the PS3. Reason? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for the chart, robjoh.

Maybe Sony is announcing a new PSN structure at E3 and Darkness was written to utilize it...

Shush! I can dream...

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network
Xyrax said:
Man Tiger Woods is really doing well on Wii. It has longer legs than Mario Strikers. Anyone else see that? Thats freakin nuts. Nice for EA I suppose.

So what was it for Harry Potter, PS2 > Wii > PS3 > 360?

Well, Strikers is still selling ahead of Woods at the moment.

Its hard to compare on the overall charts, as Woods is out for all(?) platforms - Charged just for the Wii.

In the current climate, its impressive if *any* Wii (or any platform exclusive title) makes the top 10.

I'm still annoyed that the Nintendogs titles AREN'T bundled together (even though they are the same game on the same platform).

Look for Pokemon to take #1 spot when it launches (next week?). It hit #1 in Australia, launched a week ago.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Great showing for The Darkness and Rainbow Six:Vegas (most of that is the new PS3 version).

Harry Potter doing great in total across all platforms as expected (Pottermania!!)

And Mario Strikers takes a tumble.

Good showing for Resident Evil 4 on Wii as well.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

shams said:
Xyrax said:
Man Tiger Woods is really doing well on Wii. It has longer legs than Mario Strikers. Anyone else see that? Thats freakin nuts. Nice for EA I suppose.

Its hard to compare on the overall charts, as Woods is out for all(?) platforms - Charged just for the Wii.

In the current climate, its impressive if *any* Wii (or any platform exclusive title) makes the top 10.

I'm still annoyed that the Nintendogs titles AREN'T bundled together (even though they are the same game on the same platform).

Look for Pokemon to take #1 spot when it launches (next week?). It hit #1 in Australia, launched a week ago.

Oooohh ok I see. I was looking at the chart posted and Woods is over Strikers because its all versions combined. I get it now. Are there console specific charts available?

Dolla Dolla said:
The Darkness was delayed to like July 20th for the PS3. Reason? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for the chart, robjoh.

It was released simultaneously here, WTF? I think it's an anti-Sony conspiracy, started by Major Nelson ;) and Legend11 is in on it too... j/k.... I never understand these Harry Potter, Shrek games, most of them suck all around but people buy them up(for their kids, I know, but still??)... I was hoping for a better balance of "good" games(I know that's a relative term) with the higher dev costs, I guess not so much.

Around the Network
Xyrax said:
shams said:
Xyrax said:

Oooohh ok I see. I was looking at the chart posted and Woods is over Strikers because its all versions combined. I get it now. Are there console specific charts available?

Well if you read the first post, you find a link...

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110030

Strikers is still selling more than woods (on Wii alone) but Woods have been on that list far longer.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Fonzerelli said:
Harry Potter is propped up to No.1 thx to the PS2 and Wii(to a lesser extent)
Darkness , hm.. i dont see it in the PS3 charts, x360 timed exclusive.
R6:Vegas is up thanks to the PS3 release.
RE4 (Wii) Lousy time for it come up against Harry Potter. (Different Audience I guess so and hope so :-p)
Dirt fell rather fast, when is the PS3 version coming out?
Hour Of Victory @ 15 poor saps who bought this one. Gamespot gave it 2.0/10
Techu Z bombed, unlike the US charts. X360 not strong enough to hold 2 s/w debuts. What worries me, is that crap like hour of vicotry is doing better.

On a sidenote CnC:Tiberium Sun is burning up the PC charts for the past few weeks.

Well RE4 is more or less exclusive for Wii against a new Harry Potter on all plattforms. If you look at the Wii top 30 you actualy find that RE4 sold more than Harry Potter on Wii.

Latest UK Software Charts

TOP 30 NINTENDO Wii, WEEK ENDING 30 June 2007

LW

TW  TitleDeveloperLabelPublisher
-1  RESIDENT EVIL 4CAPCOMCAPCOMCAPCOM
12  WII PLAYNINTENDONINTENDONINTENDO
-3  HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX EA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS

Im suprised Forza 2 dropped, but there were a ton of new games coming out.

Good showing by all the 360 software. I wonder how well POTC did this week in the US?

I'll list more PALcharts from NeoGAF:

Germany:

1. Mario Party 8 (Wii)
2. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (DS)
3. The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Pack (PC)
4. SingStar Pop Hits (PS2)
5. World of Warcraft (PC)
6. Anno 1701 (DS)
7. Colin McRae DIRT (Xbox 360)
8. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
9. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)
10. Animal Crossing: Wide World (DS)

Spain:
1. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Platinum (PS2)
2. SingStar Pop Hits (PS2)
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Platinum (PSP)
4. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (DS)
5. Wii Play (Wii)
6. Pokemon Ranger (DS)
7. Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle (PC)
8. SingStar Pop Hits w/ microphones (PS2)
9. Mario Strikers Charged Football (Wii)
10. Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai (PSP)

Both are all-prices, therefore the budget games are in there too.

Norway charts:

TW LW Wk Out
01 01 08 Singstar Pop Hits (PS2)
02 04 02 Buzz: The Mega Quiz (PS2)
03 -- 01 Colin McRae: DIRT (X360)
04 03 05 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Multi)
05 02 03 Forza Motorsport 2 (X360)
06 05 04 Buzz Junior RoboJam (PS2)
07 08 30 Guitar Hero II (X360 PS2)
08 -- 01 Mario Party 8 (Wii)
09 06 08 Spider-Man 3 (Multi)
10 10 08 God of War II (PS2)
11 07 04 Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PS2)
12 15 16 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2)
13 13 35 Buzz Junior: Jungle Party (PS2)
14 16 14 Motorstorm (PS3)
15 17 40 Singstar Norsk på norsk (PS2)
16 19 13 Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
17 09 26 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
18 12 07 Dancing Stage Supernova (PS2)
19 -- 35 Lego Star Wars II (Multi)
20 -- 31 Need For Speed Carbon (Multi)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Mario Party 8 number one in Germany? It looks like it is selling well in Norway to (what well is in Norway is hard to say). Looks like Nintendo might have another million seller soon.

Singstar is still going strong in Europe. I don't see any angry Sony crowd talking about how Sony is destroying gameing.

didn't RE:4 release in germany, spain and norway?