By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's sold out in Japan? (pics)

HanzoTheRazor said:
Lol, one shop! I live in Japan and yes, it did sell well for ToV and did sell out in "SOME" big, key stores, but it never completely sold out. I could easily have bought 1. It has been totally re-stocked now for quite some time and with the new lower prices and boxes. They are now everywhere and so too is ToV.

Also to note, ToV sold out, but was quickly re-stocked too and now is absolutly everywhere, so the 360 and ToV have no excuse what so ever to not keep selling well!

Well in my area the 360 was pretty much completely sold-out until the 9/11 re-stock. I wouldn't have been able to buy one if I wanted to buy another 360. I was just surprised to see it selling so well after the price cut the other day. ToV never sold out in my area and it was very easy to find at all stores.

I can't change the thread title, or else I would since it is no longer out of stock, as I said.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Hanzo - It's good to see that some stores have good supplies of the X360.

Lets hope that that the sold out status is sporadic, in smbu's case, so ToV + 360 + IU can sell to their full potentials.

Dammit Stickball.

It wasn't his intention for his trolling to be spun into a GOOD point for the Xbox 360.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Oh and yeah I did take all the pics with my cell phone. This is my cell phone if anybody cares: http://www.n-keitai.com/n905imyu/index.html

It's the Red colored one. I bought it earlier this year and even though there's a newer version of it available, I still like mine

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I did see someone buy a 360 at Yodobashi Akiba today and a few were buying IU. It should be a very strong week in Japan for MS. Tomorrow, I'll be heading to Kumamoto where I will be going to school. I'll have to see what it's like there in a smaller city environment.

Akiba is not representative at all of what is seen in weekly sales. Otakus love the HD consoles.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

wow, thnx for update Evangelion, smbu and hanzo.

hopefully MS keep them restocked, especially the hardware

Around the Network

I got to Kumamoto (a city w/ 500k) today and the Arcade and Pro were both in stock. The Japanese market trends represented in weekly sales are much more apparent here than in Akiba. Wii/DS/PSP are dominant while PS3/PS2/360 are recessive.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

starcraft said:
mrstickball said:

Lets hope that that the sold out status is sporadic, in smbu's case, so ToV + 360 + IU can sell to their full potentials.

Dammit Stickball.

It wasn't his intention for his trolling to be spun into a GOOD point for the Xbox 360.

denial can do wonders starcraft =)

Looks like a JRPG might finally have some appreciable beneficial effect for MS.  I guess all they need is one or two to help the 360 catch on in Japan.  Didn't the last Tales game on 360 ...not increase console sales much?  

Lasting effects of this remain to be seen.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Looks like a JRPG might finally have some appreciable beneficial effect for MS.  I guess all they need is one or two to help the 360 catch on in Japan.  Didn't the last Tales game on 360 ...not increase console sales much?  

Lasting effects of this remain to be seen.

Which Tales game are you talking about? Vesperia is the only one the 360 has ever had.

You *may* be thinking of Eternal Sonata last year - It launched the same week NGS for PS3 did. ES gave the X360 a "big" boost - about 4,500 units on the week, but it went DOA the week after. At any rate, Eternal Sonata's LTD sales weren't as large as IU or TOV's first day, which goes to show you how much bigger the userbase in Japan is now.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Jo21 said:
starcraft said:
mrstickball said:

Dammit Stickball.

denial can do wonders starcraft =)

Sony fans should know alot about denial by now, shouldn't they

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive