By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's sold out in Japan? (pics)

mrstickball said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

Where are you guys getting this info that Lips will be released in Japan? I haven't found any info on it...or You're in the movies Japan release date for that matter....

Lips is made by iNiS - the creators of Ouedan/Elite Beat Agents. They are a Japanese company, and it's very hard for me to think that the game wouldn't be released there.

You have to admit that Japan has been rather unfriendly towards consoles this gen. This is the reason sony may not be heavily focused on marketing the ps3 in Japan. Even the wii is selling like ass in Japan compared to the west.

M$ can build a real userbase in JP but with JP's current indifference to console gaming, I'm not sure if it's entirely worth it. It seems more worthwhile for M$ to just launch a handheld to compete with DS and focus on marketing that in Japan.

X360 is doing great in Taiwan, HK and SK primarily because of software piracy. This doesn't really help M$ because as you know, software is where the $$$ is at lol

Although Japan is indeed favoring handheld gaming more than console gaming, console sales aren't that bad. 2007 saw hardware levels at 5.97 million units between the Wii, PS3, PS2, X360, and Gamecube. In 2002 (a similar year), console sales were at 6.32 million units between the PS2, PS1, GC, Xbox and Dreamcast - only down by 5%. So it's not as bad as you think.

Also, if you look at MGC profiles for SK, Taiwanese, and HK Xbox 360 owners, quite a few of them own legal copies of Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and other major J-centric games. I've argued that many of these games are undertracked by VGC, due to the compelling information that asiatic markets for the X360 are significant. You can argue pirated software (which there is), but those areas do move quite a bit of legal stuff too.

Are you telling me you are assuming that it will be released in Japan? I just wanted to know if there was anything official and all I can find are US and EU release dates.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:

Are you telling me you are assuming that it will be released in Japan? I just wanted to know if there was anything official and all I can find are US and EU release dates.

Unfortunately, it's an assumption for now.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

week 2 definitely higher than those 840 unit, but still week 3 then we will have japan number with price cut & other surprises

Go 360 go! This is what I like to see.

Well I wasn't really planning to update this thread anymore after that last post from 2 days ago, since the 360's were all re-stocked on 9/11 (Thursday). Well today is Saturday 9/13 and I was surprised to see that at the biggest store in my area both the Arcade and Elite are now sold out! I'm guessing the Elite must have sold out yesterday as I went into the store pretty early today (to pick up Pokemon Platinum, as it was released today) before my Japanese class in the morning. I couldn't check out the other store today as I had to get to class!

Full size pic here at this link: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/NEC_0052.jpg

Looking like the 360 should have pretty good sales this upcoming week! :D

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

sweet. Thanks for the update!

I still envy the fuck out of Japanese cell phones!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

smbu2000 said:

Well I wasn't really planning to update this thread anymore after that last post from 2 days ago, since the 360's were all re-stocked on 9/11 (Thursday). Well today is Saturday 9/13 and I was surprised to see that at the biggest store in my area both the Arcade and Elite are now sold out! I'm guessing the Elite must have sold out yesterday as I went into the store pretty early today (to pick up Pokemon Platinum, as it was released today) before my Japanese class in the morning. I couldn't check out the other store today as I had to get to class!

Full size pic here at this link: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/NEC_0052.jpg

Looking like the 360 should have pretty good sales this upcoming week! :D

Dude, this is a cell phone pic? Good lord, I want your phone.

Thats sweet, the nest week the xbox360 going to have a prety cool sales

100% Mexican Power

Lol, one shop! I live in Japan and yes, it did sell well for ToV and did sell out in "SOME" big, key stores, but it never completely sold out. I could easily have bought 1. It has been totally re-stocked now for quite some time and with the new lower prices and boxes. They are now everywhere and so too is ToV.

Also to note, ToV sold out, but was quickly re-stocked too and now is absolutly everywhere, so the 360 and ToV have no excuse what so ever to not keep selling well!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Hanzo - It's good to see that some stores have good supplies of the X360.

Lets hope that that the sold out status is sporadic, in smbu's case, so ToV + 360 + IU can sell to their full potentials.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.