By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's sold out in Japan? (pics)

Hopefully MS doesn't drop the ball on further shipments, and can keep the X360's rolling in. It sounds like MS has finally broken through some barrier, and 2,000 unit sales/wk may be a thing of the past for quite some time :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

soon we will see japan number, i predict it is still > 10K but will be

My wild guess: 13,000. If that happened, it'd be very good. Anything above 10k is good.

I'm gonna say 15k. When do we get Famitsu numbers?

Depends. Usually 12hrs from now.

Around the Network

so we all win, it is actually 14K, i predict > 10K less than 20K
good prediction by mrstickball & Dianko

and with latest pic from smbu above, we can be sure next week it is still > 10K

...Provided the X360's stay in stock :)

Seems it's not just MS and 360 fans/fanboys that are bullish on the 360 in Japan.

From sinobi:

お近くに量販店がある方はもうお気づきのことと思うが
先週の値下げ以降、Xbox360の売り場が急拡大している。
ショップによって多少の差はあるものの、平均して2倍から3倍に拡張されており
11月20日に発売予定の「ラスト レムナント」と共に
秋商戦の要と考えているショップも多いようだ。
ちなみに、先週の販売台数は約1.3万台。
拮抗しているPS3を2週続けて上回っている。

"If you have a (I think this is the right translation) large retailer near you, you've probably already noticed, but ever since the price drop last week the Xbox 360 sections have grown tremendously. There are minor differences from store to store, but it appears on average the sections have been expanded 2 to 3 times. With the 11/20 release of 'The Last Remnant' it appears many shops are gearing up for the fall shopping season. Also, the sales last week were 13k. For the 2nd week in row, it has beaten it's rival, the PS3."

It's Week Two of the post-pricedrop boost, so selling out is still to be expected. It's Week Three when we should see things start to crash.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
It's Week Two of the post-pricedrop boost, so selling out is still to be expected. It's Week Three when we should see things start to crash.

Unless it's selling out, and then things continue to do well :)