By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 has a problem with its fans and its killing the console!

I hate how the PS3 fans blow and that really annoys me, they are pretty useless really if they suck this bad this far into the consoles life. Not only that, but its Sonys fault for allowing crappy fans to destroy the PS3.

Thank you PS3 fans, I don't know if I will get to enjoy games like LBP/Heavy Rain/InFamous because of you. /Sarcasm.

Sigh, I traded every PS3 game in because of those damn fans, I have now got 0, Zilch, Nada PS3 games to go with a broken overheating POS PS3, and this is the 2nd time out of warranty. Trade the games, pay for repairs and then repeat it once more and then there are no more games left to trade or play.

It should not be going down this way, I positively molest my Xbox360. Its practically next to my heater and I absolutely treat my PS3 like a saint in comparison. 

So yea, tell me something, why should I keep it? Whats so awesome about the PS3 that if in spite of my belief in its horrible reliability and expensive repairs that acts as a compelling reason for it to stay?

Tease.

Around the Network

360 fan has reliability issues with the notoriously reliable PS3?

I smell a fish.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

i read that whole thing before i reaised what fans u were talking about

For making joke threads, I'd rank you slightly above DMeisterJ. Still pretty poor. Looks like you should pay a visit to Dr. Roland.

WEll the problems you listed are the problems of the 360 not the ps3 i never heard anybody complaining about the ps3 fan

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

OMG, SOOOOO RIGHT!!! I have had to send my PS3 back to mic....SONY 2 times since I bought it at launch for red ri...RELIABILITY issues!!! Glad to see we are in the same boat, and I am not the only person with a less than reliable xbo.....PLAYSTATION 3!!!!

A big ++++1 with regards to the ps3 FANS issue!!  Seems like they just suck in the same old HOT AIR and regurgitate it OVER and OVER again, year after year, the same dusty BS being spit out.  Every time it seems like the problem is about to be fixed, I find out I was just getting my hopes up, and it turns out to be a total let down, never working the way SONY tells me it is going to.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

The fan isn't even turning on. :( Its blown, im just very frustrated by this whole issue.

So turning the tables, its the unreliable console to me anyway.

What should I do? Should I sell the thing as a bad idea and reclaim possession of a PS3 with an 80gb next year and forgo backwards compatibility? Should I repair it and hope that im not inline for a third $150 repair bill in the not too distant future? This is incredibly bad right now and im obviously not thinking straight.

So please someone tell me, wheres the gold pot under the rainbow? What are my best options going forward? :/

Tease.

MontanaHatchet said:
For making joke threads, I'd rank you slightly above DMeisterJ. Still pretty poor. Looks like you should pay a visit to Dr. Roland.

He's being totally serious.  His ps3 has broken twice, and he has traded in all his games.

I'm filled with pity while simultaneously laughing my ass off.

Squilliam said:
The fan isn't even turning on. :( Its blown, im just very frustrated by this whole issue.

So turning the tables, its the unreliable console to me anyway.

What should I do? Should I sell the thing as a bad idea and reclaim possession of a PS3 with an 80gb next year and forgo backwards compatibility? Should I repair it and hope that im not inline for a third $150 repair bill in the not too distant future? This is incredibly bad right now and im obviously not thinking straight.

So please someone tell me, wheres the gold pot under the rainbow? What are my best options going forward? :/

Get the thing fixed, stopping touching yourself at night (probably the root of all your problems), and buy LBP in October.  :P

Fans can be a tricky thing. I had one go out on my old laptop - and it fried it.

Since we are talking about PS3s and not laptops I will cease.

However, you could call Sony and tell them about the PS3's faulty fans or you could just chalk it up as a loss and think back - since the days of PS2, Sony needs to rethink the way their fans operate.

I'd toss it if you can't get the fan(s) fixed.

Can you daisy chain PS3s? I know you can 360s.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=37551