By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever had a memory card die on you?

So just recently I wanted to play Chrono Cross and I bust out the old PS1 memory card and after I played for a bit I shut off my PS2 and later came back to find my memory card die :(

It hurt cause I had FF7, FF8, FF9, FF tactics, Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoon, Metal Gear Solid, and more all that game time lost :(

Anyone else ever had a memory card die on them?

Around the Network

I didn't know you could use PS1 memory cards for the PS2?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

i had a PS1 card fail on me too, i lost all my data from games that id been working hard on, i was not happy

regin2005 said:
I didn't know you could use PS1 memory cards for the PS2?

It's the only way you can save PS1 games. My Ps1 cards till work to my knowledge.

I had a 4 in 1 third party N64 memory card fail on me though.  Thankfully only in spot 3 though.

No. I have my card for 10 years now, and no probs. I'm backing up my saves to my PS2 card regularly.

Around the Network

no i only use sony and nintendo.

Yes I lost 2 or 3 PS1 memorycards.... I learned the hard way to make backups of very important save games..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

My Gamecube memory card got corrupted a few days ago =( All my data since launch gone!

I had to reformat but it works fine and now i'm backing up all my files on another memory card.

Similar thing happened with my psp corrupting my memory stick pro duo. Annoying as I paid a lot for it at the time.