By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will outsell the X360 for the rest of the year and the rest of eternity

I predict PS3 will outsell the X360 for the rest of the year and the rest of eternity in world wide console sales. Go the PS3.

Discuss my prediction.

Around the Network

This may be the quickest prediction to fail, ever.  All it would take is the 360 to win next week and you're done.

On the other hand you can't say you were proven right till both are officially discontinued for a long time as there's always the possibility the 360 would outsell the PS3 a while from now.

I think it sounds crazy, but me like. But others will not believe it because eternity is a long time.

I predict I'm getting sick of predictions without any objective data or thoughtful analysis.

azrm2k said:
This may be the quickest prediction to fail, ever.

Seconded. But, then, this is Rock_on_2008 we're talking about here.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

I believe that the crack cocaine in Australia is of excellent quality, and that you might need an intervention. =D

FishyJoe basically every sales prediction thread on here has no evidence to back it up.

FishyJoe said:
I predict I'm getting sick of predictions without any objective data or thoughtful analysis.

Who cares?  We don't need any data, actual figures, or even trends.  We have our fanboy goggles to guide us wherever we want!

Thursday/Friday night this prediction will be null on void