By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 American Football fans getting screwed

Both EA and 2K Sports newest renditions of their American Football game franchises will run at 60fps on the X-box 360.  The PS3 versions of the same games are restricted to a framerate of 30fps. I know its early and its only two games but te PS3 seems to already be getting Gamecube style multiplatform ports. By Gameube style, I mean substandard ports BTW.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/football-games-on-ps3/half-the-men-they-used-to-be-274129.php 

Around the Network

Really such a big deal? If it doesn't interfere with gameplay (and in my experience, 30 fps is definitely playable), frame-rate is a secondary consideration at best for me.

IMHO, there is no reason why these games can not run at 60fps on the PS3. It's either down to bad programming, lack of time or lack of cash.

Anyway, 30fps is definitely playable....30fps is the normal fps speec anyway...60fps is a bonus.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Desroko, the last gen versions of Madden have been running at 60fps for years. 30fps is definately playable but the better frame rate, along with more in depth gameplay options, was one of the chief reasons. I prefered Madden 07 on PS2/XBX/GC to the 360 and PS3 versions. The 360 and PS3 versions of Madden just seemed slow in comparison to the "last gen" versions of the game.

I'm just glad 2K sports is making football games again. EA fans should be as well. Since now that they have competition again, EA is suddenly adding back the missing features to the 360/PS3 versions of Madden.

EDIT: Legend11 already has a similar thread and I responded to it. I think I'm becoming senile and I'm only 27.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3673&start=0#end 

30 to 60 fps is a huge deal. Try playing a 30fps game for a bit, then move up to a similar 60fps game. Play it for a while and go back to 30fps and you'll be astounded at how "jerky" a 30fps game looks in comparison. After playing racing games at a clean 60fps, I'll never again play another 30fps racing-type game. I'm not a huge console sports gaming fan, but I assure you that if you played madden or all pro 2008 in 60 and then went back to 30, the difference would be quite noticeable.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Yes, there really is a difference. I don't think casuals will notice. Because they don't know, that there are games running at 30fps and 60fps. They also don't know which is better. The ones that do know, won't buy a console for Madden. They are most likely dedicated gamers.

Let's hope 09 games will run @ 60fps.

Well there is already one thread about this...if you want to add something use that thread.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Darc Requiem said:

Desroko, the last gen versions of Madden have been running at 60fps for years. 30fps is definately playable but the better frame rate, along with more in depth gameplay options, was one of the chief reasons. I prefered Madden 07 on PS2/XBX/GC to the 360 and PS3 versions. The 360 and PS3 versions of Madden just seemed slow in comparison to the "last gen" versions of the game.

I'm just glad 2K sports is making football games again. EA fans should be as well. Since now that they have competition again, EA is suddenly adding back the missing features to the 360/PS3 versions of Madden.

EDIT: Legend11 already has a similar thread and I responded to it. I think I'm becoming senile and I'm only 27.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3673&start=0#end 

Did they run at 60? I didn't know that they run at 60Hz progressive. Well, if you want to play it at 60, you have to play it on NTSC. So, as someone already said, PS3 starts to get GC-style ports. One thing to this is, that Cell can't perform like 360, when using a code, similar to 360. You have to rewrite the code and optimize it a little for Cell. And even if it could have the same performance, it still would be made for 360 and when ported, it wouldn't be "as good" on PS3, that what it is on 360.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Just don't but them.

Shows these bums you wont buy mediocre lazy products.