By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Fight Club might never come to Blu-ray

I rewatched Fight Club on DVD last night and realized that the movie might never come to Blu-ray. Why? because the movie is based around "terrorism". To the USA Fox would probably look distasteful re-releasing a movie with terrorism in it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

ARe you for real?? That is the dumbest thing i ever heard of. Fight Club is friggin awesome.

i'm sorry, what?
It's still on dvd, on tv, on cable, why being on blu-ray makes such a difference?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

becuase the power of cell and blu-ray together with fight club would make people terrorists?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Cougarman said:
becuase the power of cell and blu-ray together with fight club would make people space monkies?

fixed

Around the Network

Wat? One of the most popular movies of the last few years won't come to BluRay because you think it's about terrorism??? Well besides you didn't understand the movie.. I'm gonna say... no.. It's gonna be released on BluRay.. and it will make millions again..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Rofl...

I thought there was actually news in this thread.

Auron said:
Cougarman said:
becuase the power of cell and blu-ray together with fight club would make people space monkies?

fixed

but space monkies are cool, we need something scary

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Auron said:
ARe you for real?? That is the dumbest thing i ever heard of. Fight Club is friggin awesome.

no crap, Fight Club is an amazing movie. I for one would buy Fight Club on Blu-ray at $49.99 due to it's awesomeness.

@NiKKoM- I know it isnt about terrorism, but the fact they destroy buildings, stores, etc. Those could be considered questionable acts since they are performed by people in ski masks.

Really what is American's vision of a terrorist is?

thats right, people wearing black masks.

idk, this was just a thought on why it might not be released in HD. Could be wrong, Fox could just be to lazy to announce it yet.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Oh man, the Dark Night might never come to Bluray because it shows people in masks committing crimes

Not to mention that Blackhawk down will probably never be released on Bluray either since it shows american troops under attack from middle easterners.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"