By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What scares you?

Simple question: what scares you?

For me, it's zombie movies.

I can watch your standard horror movie and not care but zombie movies just always give me the willies.  It's mainly because I just can always imagine those coming true.

With your supernatural killer movie like Nightmare in Elm Street or Friday the 13th, those don't bother me.  They're fun to watch but it never pops in my head that that could happen.  Serial killer movies like Scream or Prom Night also don't bother.  They're more believable than your Freddy movies but still something that doesn't bother.  Even movies like Deliverance really don't bother me and I use to live in the country and go camping all the time. 

Zombie movies though, no matter how unbelievable always shake me.  Even a movie like Shaun of the Dead bothers me.  For some reason, no matter how insane the movie is I can always just imagine a zombie sitting outside my home ready to kill me or turn me into a zombie.  That's probably why I actually love them so much is because they affect me so.

I just watched 28 Days Later... again and that movie still gets me everytime.  It sucks, I'm home alone, I actually get up early tomorrow morning, and every sound outside is going to make me think there's a zombie outside my window.

Around the Network

Well they dont so much scare me, more make me Jump, adrenaline starts pumping that sorta thing. I Am Legend freaked me out

Ventriliquist dummies :(
If I were to ever see one in real life, I would probably literally be scared to death.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

I hate latters, I cant go up one, ever since I feel 13 feet off a billboard.

Around the Network

Bees and wasps scare the shit out of me, apiphobia.

something bad happening to mr happy.

small creatures crawling on my body on an area that I can't see. (example: i'm fine with a spider crawling up my arm but as soon as it goes out of site I freak).

earthquakes (I live in a highrise that was originally built to house returning ww2 soldiers and live in a major earthquake zone that hasn't had a major earthquake)

losing my loved ones.
It's hard to imagine life without anyone in my immediate family, and I feel sadness for anyone who loses a loved one.

I find puppets, dolls, clowns, spiders, scorpions and shadows/shapes freaky...

The thought of the 360 outselling the PS3 this generation...

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.