By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Recommend me some good websites

onemanga is probably one of the most extensive and up to date net archives of fan translated manga I've ever seen. I have some 30 different series that I follow in this. No signups or anything required either, so it's incredibly hassle free.

crunchyroll gives you access to some of the most latest anime fan translations. usually you'll end up with better quality vids showing up on veoh eventually, but I find that crunchyroll has a larger library and is much easier to search through and navigate to find the episodes you want. it used to be that you needed to sign up to watch everything, but lately it seems like it isn't necessary.

gametap has a fairly diverse list of PC games, not little flash games, but the full fledged ones that end up getting ported to consoles. If you pay the monthly fee, you have access to everything that gametap has to offer, but otherwise you're limited to the "free games" section. Of course, there's still the catch that even after you download the games, you have to be connected online in order to be able to start playing them. That goes for each time you play, which is kind of a downer, but hey, free games.
Even in the free section, there are a bunch of really decent games. Psychonauts alone pretty much makes it worth getting, everything else is icing on the cake. If you've got a Playstation2 to USB adaptor, you can plug that in and use it for any of the games that support it, so it'll be like playing PS2 games for free. Tomb Raider: Legend and Psychonauts both work incredibly well with controller + mouse style controls, once you have the buttons mapped properly.

There was a "best webcomics" thread here just a little bit ago, so I'll copy and paste my list for that over here along with the hyperlinks to get to them easily. Most of these are either finished or at least update very regularly. Goblins is an exception to the regular updates thing, but I really enjoy the humor and story for that. Tales of the Questor sometimes doesnt' update regularly, but there are usually updates to at least ONE of the various comics that you can get to on that site, all done by the same guy.

Order of the Stick / Erfworld
Girl Genius/Buck Godot/What's New With Phil & Dixie
Goblins
Tales of the Questor (and a bunch of other comic series on the same site)
Questionable Content
Sinfest
XKCD
Sluggy Freelance
Schlock Mercenary

(finished)
As If
Angel Moxie
Exploitation Now (not for kids)
Gigaville
Narbonic

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

Wow thanks again for the sites I checked out www.watch-movies.net and it's awesome, I'm gonna watch Hancock tonight. And thank you to Grey Acumen onemanga has like ever manga I've ever heard of and gametap is awesome to I'm gonna have to download some games

Happy to share the bounty of my vast internet experience. Just be careful with those webcomics and manga; they're downright addictive if you aren't really careful about scheduling the time that you set aside for reading them. same thing goes for the anime, really, but i find the manga and webcomcs moreso since I can read them however fast I'm capable of reading, which cuts down on how likely i am to get bored and want to do something else.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her