By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why I believe DA:O will see a console release

DMeisterJ said:
There's not supposed to be abbreviations in thread titles. I had no idea what this was.

You actually did it before, and got in trouble for doing it with TWEWY.

I didn't remember that. :P Crap. No way to change it I assume?

That said, you seem to like me a lot less lately DMJ. The forums have become a giant "gotcha" game, and they're more about flaming individual members than discussing gaming.

If I catch a ban for breaking a red tape rule that I didn't even recall, then so be it. I didn't remember the rule. As for the TWEWY, I didn't get in "trouble," I simply was informed about the rule. This isn't a high-school. I'm not a kid. I don't get in "trouble," on the internet. I respect the mods, and if they ban me, I usually knew it was coming, because I made a mistake. This mistake was completely accidental, however.

...but still, they got Al Capone on tax evasion, lol.

Let's keep this post on topic, and I'll try to contact a mod to fix this.

Edit: I've contacted a mod and suggested the topic be locked, due to DMeisterJs correct inference that the topic title contains illegal abbreviations. Hopefully we can revisit this subject at a later time.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
shio said:
badgenome said:
^ Maybe, but if Ascaron can bring Sacred 2 to consoles, then I'm pretty sure BioWare can figure out a way to make Dragon Age work if they have a mind to do it.

Sacred 2 is an Action/RPG... and even that game is limited severely in the Xbox 360 (multiplayer-wise).

Well, if it's like the first Sacred was, then it's a Diablo clone. Diablo being a game whose mechanics are supposedly impossible to make work properly on consoles. We'll see how this works out, I guess.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Apparently, not impossible to do on the Nintendo DS, however.

And you expect the version to be the same as the Xbox 360 one, right?

ZenfoldorVGI said

We're getting console RTS games winning best strategy game at E3. The consoles are slowly gaining ground in some areas that the PC was once unrivaled in. A great example of how to do controls for a RTS on a console is a game called GrimGrimoire for PS2. Excellently implimentations, if a bit light in content.

First, it doesn't matter if a game wins at E3 (like when Spore won 8 official E3 awards), especially in recent times. Second, End War will likely come to PC. Third, we all know how the standard of PC games is higher: had Civilization Revolution been released on PC, it would've been criticised and branded as the worst Civilization game ever.

Almost no doubt the Strategy Game of the Year will be between Sins of a Solar Empire and Red Alert 3.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Again, obvious fanboyism doesn't invalidate opinions if you back them up, but generalizations aren't evidence. "Keep dreaming" isn't hurting my feelings either.

And badgenome, I don't sweat shio(like everyone else does). The day I start not making posts because I'm afraid that a rabbid fanboy(of any persuasion) might call me stupid and create a bunch of generalizations to convince me that he might have a point, is the day I stop posting.

I said facts:

- A cRPG has NEVER been released on consoles! As far as I remember. Feel free to prove me wrong.

- The Baldur's Gate Series was never ported to consoles. Instead, a spin-off Action/RPG franchise was made for the consoles. This is even related to Bioware.

Get off your high horse, your tone of arguement is just as bad as mine, but atleast I support mine with facts.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I hope it comes to consoles. Shio hopes it doesn't.

I don't care if it comes to consoles after it came to PC. As long as the PC version is not scratched by "consolization" I'll be all in favour... that's why you never see me complain to Valve.

What I don't like is people saying that it will be ported when the game itself is VERY hard to port it because of how the game is. It's just like the same people that are asking for World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 to come to consoles.

Locked at request of creator.

To Each Man, Responsibility