By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm going for a job at EB Games... wish me luck!!!

Well I'm from Australia.

Last I Heard EB here gave a pretty decent wage... It's got to be better then the crap I'm getting now.

I currently work in a wharehouse which has no room. Th pallets are stacked 3 to 5 high on top of eachother IN T MIDDLE OF ISLES!!! I have about a half a meter between each row of pallets (Which is stacked to the roof). There is stock that dates back to best before 2001... There's stock leaking all over other stock... the place stinks, and I'm the only worker in the warehouse.

the boss is a greedy prick who pays like crap and expects me to do everything.

I have to climb up the fricken pallets to get stock down. This week I had to pull out over 30 pallets just to retreve 4 boxes because they are so packed in.

If you think you got a bad job, you gotta see the condition of my workplace. But hey, like someone else here said, a job is a job and at least I have an income.

I think working at EB would be a joy in comparison.

Oh and thanks to all for the luck.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Around the Network

good luck

Good luck hope u enjoy it.

markers said:
lol he's technically not allowed to get the discount but if he gives you cash to buy the games...they never have to know :p

im a proud ex-employee of eb. was a fun time, i miss working there...but sadly highly low paying...minium wage sucks compared to my $11 hour now :]

but yeah good luck, hope you get it and enjoy!

p.s. when i had my interview there like 2 years ago they had me try and sell a random object to the manager just to see how could of a salesman i was, because its kudos if you sell game informer subscripitions for them :p

An-ex Gamestop/EB-Games employee huh? Suddenly your conributions to the forum make sense, lol. J/K

But anyone looking to become an employee of said gamestore better be prepaired to sell Store Card/magazine subscriptions as well as plenty of pre-orders.

I tried to apply at Gamestop before.

Never got hired :/

Around the Network
Magera said:

I've been wanting to work at a games store for some time but never got around to doing anything about it.

Finally, now there happens to be a job opening available at an EB store less then 1 minute from my home and I am applying.

I would really, REALLY love to work there and Just 1 munite travel time (Yeay!!!) -instead of my current 1 hour 15 minutes!

Oh I so so so, want this job.

At 26? Surely you have a greater goal in life than working in a gameshop?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Good luck, bring us plenty of "My EBGames manager said..." stories. Those are always the best laughs.

Good luck with getting the job.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Yes, check their computers regularly so you can leak us some price cuts.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Good luck, though I'm not condoning your choice as you are condemning yourself to damnation by joining the scum of the earth known as the EB games salestaff, who have "expert knowledge", are very "humble" about their "vast amounts of knowledge" and guarantee that the information they give you is completely "fact".

Incidently, I've created micro worlds inside between each pair of quotation marks in which the words within those worlds are the opposites of what they mean in our world.

Seriously though, you better be prepared for hatred, but maybe you can change the stereotype of the EB games employee.