By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS paid them!!!!

Why is "Game A" not on the PS3? Its because M$ PAID THEM!!!!

I'm seriously sick of this ridiculous theory. Games are published for the 360 because the publishers feel that they can make more money on the 360 rather than the PS3. MS does not pay every publisher to put there games on their system. The only case was with the GTA IV DLC. Now stop saying the only reason the 360 gets exclusives is because microsoft paid the publishers.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network

How much did MS pay you to write this?

But it is true MS have a lot of money to money hat developers and pay for timed exclusives or take away competitor's console exclusives if they see fit.

Aj_habfan said:
How much did MS pay you to write this?

QFT

I think that sums up the thread pretty well haha.

I believe that untill there is confirmation from either the publisher or MS saying such thing. It's all speculation. Which means, no it's not true it's assumption.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

Sometimes it's ease of development, sometimes it's the large US audience, and sometimes it's a money hat.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

But we're on the Internet, with doubters everywhere. Who knows what's going to come next for Microsoft? Oh wait, they are hiring babies in production lines?

Yeah, I actually thought of putting this in my sig during the E3 week:

''If your favorite game is not exclusive anymore, it's because Microsoft bought it. +1 for consumers!''

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The real question is why to Sony fanboys feel that it makes to handle, by assuming MS was willing to pay developers to support and appease its fanbase, but Sony wasn't. Isn't, "Well MS paid them" a good thing. Don't you wish super-rich Nintendo paid 3rd party developers for FFXIII and such? Wouldn't that be a good thing for Nintendo?

Or is it because of the stigma that "MS has infinite money, so this is nothing to them, and the PS3 is better, but developers choose the 360 cause of MS money, only." So basically, you're saying one piece of metal and plastic is better than the other, because of the name printed on it, and the fact that it has a blu-ray device that is replaced by 4 seconds of disc changing every 10 hours of gameplay?

Wouldn't a better talking point to spout in all these FFXIII threads be, "Well RRoD existed and there was no excuse so I bought a PS3." That one actually makes sense, and isn't a...you know...positive piece of PR for your competitors and their fans?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The reason developers ran to Microsoft was because their installed base was growing rapidly and supporting top games with good percentages.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

The real question is why to Sony fanboys feel that it makes to handle, by assuming MS was willing to pay developers to support and appease its fanbase, but Sony wasn't. Isn't, "Well MS paid them" a good thing. Don't you wish super-rich Nintendo paid 3rd party developers for FFXIII and such? Wouldn't that be a good thing for Nintendo?

Or is it because of the stigma that "MS has infinite money, so this is nothing to them, and the PS3 is better, but developers choose the 360 cause of MS money, only." So basically, you're saying one piece of metal and plastic is better than the other, because of the name printed on it, and the fact that it has a blu-ray device that is replaced by 4 seconds of disc changing every 10 hours of gameplay?

Wouldn't a better talking point to spout in all these FFXIII threads be, "Well RRoD existed and there was no excuse so I bought a PS3." That one actually makes sense, and isn't a...you know...positive piece of PR for your competitors and their fans?

Your not going to see a Japanese company do that because even corporations follow the code of honor and respect.  Something like that hits the media and you can bet stock prices drop. 

I'm not saying they don't do it but it's something they'd never allow to hit the media because that's considered bad press.  Personally I agree with them as it is a matter of honor and respect... but unfortunately you aren't going to see that with most business.  Which is nothing to argue about because honor and respect can interfer with profits and money of course... but not in a case like this.