By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet will suck, says GameDaily

GameDaily has published a top ten of “games that will probably suck,” and LittleBigPlanet leads the charge at number one.

“Despite the cute characters, this is nothing more than a glorified version of PowerPoint fuelled by gamers hoping to make their own ‘presentations’,” says the piece.

“Talented players will create interesting and perhaps fun designs. Everyone else will make horrible levels.

“If you could design several stages, string them together and make your own platform game, that’d be cool, but for now, all we foresee is tons of crap content.”

Other notables include Wii Music and Silent Hill: Homecoming. Genius.

heres a link.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/epic-fail-games-that-will-probably-suck/?page=2

Around the Network

Woah does microsoft own gamedaily , or has their website traffic been suffering recently ? Anyway the commenters say it all.

"wow what a way to boost you traffic by using another company's product knowing damn well you comments about it are not really what you think of them. That is beyond sad."

"If you guys want real news about Little Big Planet go to http://www.littlebigplanetguide.com We don't bash the game we just tell the facts I have lost respect for this site. THE SO CALLED WRITER NEEDS TO DO SOME RESEARCH BE FOR HE OR SHE STARTS TYPING"

"..."is nothing more than a glorified version of PowerPoint fueled by gamers hoping to make their own "presentations". Kind of like this entire article?"

Lol the writer of this article fail badly. Better for him to get another job, McDonald's is lookin for workers."

http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/06/wtf-gamedaily-calls-littlebigplanet-glorified-version-of-powerpoint/

ripten : gamedaily sucks

could u create the thread plz reask ?

Time to Work !

This game isnt for me, but I dont think its gonna "suck". I think alot of people are gonna enjoy this.

Gamedaily makes my top 10 list of "gaming sites I never new existed".

Tifa got MOVES!

link is in above post

GameDaily recently wrote up a list of ten games that they believe will “probably suck.” Their argument as to why LittleBigPlanet will “probably suck” starts with them calling it a “glorified version of PowerPoint” and adding that they foresee “tons of crap content.”

Simple logic by the simple minded says that if you use the game to recreate that which can be done in PowerPoint, then the game must be a glorified version of PowerPoint. Therefore, if I walk in a straight line, and Tom Brady walks in a straight line, surely Tom Brady is just a glorified version of me.

When it comes to content, LittleBigPlanet includes several well thought levels, and is not simply relying on user based content to succeed. According to GameDaily, any game with a level creator is the equivalent of  PowerPoint. Call of Duty? Powerpoint. Half-Life? Powerpoint. Unreal? You guessed it.

Every game that opens its doors to community created content is subject to the risk of less than ideal results. I happen to believe that there are a ton of talented individuals out there, who if given a chance, will shine.

It appears that at least one gaming website attended a particular E3 press conference, witnessed a creative presentation done using LittleBigPlanet, and thought “That’s it. We’ll call it PowerPoint”. What I want to know is, where was GameDaily when the rest of E3 went down? You know, the hands-on portion. They must have been picking up their AOL funded paychecks.

Here is a prediction of my own. I predict that GameDaily will “probably suck.” Sure, they may have a few good articles written by talented writers, but I predict that the majority of their content will consist of top ten lists broken down into ten individual one paragraph pages to maximize page views (see source)

In the end, we are all nothing more than a glorified version of HTML filled with user generated content, and some of it is bound to suck.

Around the Network
libellule said:
http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/06/wtf-gamedaily-calls-littlebigplanet-glorified-version-of-powerpoint/

Dont understand what you mean?

GameDaily recently wrote up a list of ten games that they believe will “probably suck.” Their argument as to why LittleBigPlanet will “probably suck” starts with them calling it a “glorified version of PowerPoint” and adding that they foresee “tons of crap content.”

Simple logic by the simple minded says that if you use the game to recreate that which can be done in PowerPoint, then the game must be a glorified version of PowerPoint. Therefore, if I walk in a straight line, and Tom Brady walks in a straight line, surely Tom Brady is just a glorified version of me.

When it comes to content, LittleBigPlanet includes several well thought levels, and is not simply relying on user based content to succeed. According to GameDaily, any game with a level creator is the equivalent of PowerPoint. Call of Duty? Powerpoint. Half-Life? Powerpoint. Unreal? You guessed it.

Every game that opens its doors to community created content is subject to the risk of less than ideal results. I happen to believe that there are a ton of talented individuals out there, who if given a chance, will shine.

It appears that at least one gaming website attended a particular E3 press conference, witnessed a creative presentation done using LittleBigPlanet, and thought “That’s it. We’ll call it PowerPoint”. What I want to know is, where was GameDaily when the rest of E3 went down? You know, the hands-on portion. They must have been picking up their AOL funded paychecks.

Here is a prediction of my own. I predict that GameDaily will “probably suck.” Sure, they may have a few good articles written by talented writers, but I predict that the majority of their content will consist of top ten lists broken down into ten individual one paragraph pages to maximize page views (see source)

In the end, we are all nothing more than a glorified version of HTML filled with user generated content, and some of it is bound to suck.

Time to Work !

Wii music yes

LBP no

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

reask said:
libellule said:

Dont understand what you mean?

==> a similar thread bashing gamedaily and not LBP.

it only depends on u.

Time to Work !

Speaking of LBP, try Platform Racing 2: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Jiggmin/platform-racing-2