By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted - Drake's Fortune gameplay.

Lol, he died twice. I quite like how when Drake is dying it becomes black and white. I just hope he regens health as I wouldn't like to see no colour for five mins while I sneak around looking for a health pack.

Around the Network

The game looks gorgeous, but I'm a little bit concerned about the framerate drops. I hope they get that cleaned up in the next 6 months, otherwise I would have trouble getting myself to play the game.

Why in the same footage in youtube the gameplay doesnt have framerate drops?

mM

Meh.

The game just dropped a notch in my eyes.

The textures and modelling looks excellent. But the animation looks terrible. Especially after GTA4.

I always thought games would come to this - its easy to scale gfx up from last generation to this generation - but much harder to improve animation.

This would look great if they adopt a the 'NaturalMotion' engine that GTA4 uses - but this just looks wrong to me now. Stiff. Canned. Out of place. Look at that "jumping" that he does near the cliff face. That SO reminds me of playstation 1/2 games.

And what's with that walking on logs? Looks like a "mini-game" to me - like it doesn't even the real controls from the rest of the game. You should easily be able to run across those (or at least try).

I now predict that Sony will have to license NaturalMotion (Eurphoria) engine for future titles. This stuff can only be fixed so much by hand. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Meh.

The game just dropped a notch in my eyes.

The textures and modelling looks excellent. But the animation looks terrible. Especially after GTA4.

I always thought games would come to this - its easy to scale gfx up from last generation to this generation - but much harder to improve animation.

This would look great if they adopt a the 'NaturalMotion' engine that GTA4 uses - but this just looks wrong to me now. Stiff. Canned. Out of place. Look at that "jumping" that he does near the cliff face. That SO reminds me of playstation 1/2 games.

And what's with that walking on logs? Looks like a "mini-game" to me - like it doesn't even the real controls from the rest of the game. You should easily be able to run across those (or at least try).

I now predict that Sony will have to license NaturalMotion (Eurphoria) engine for future titles. This stuff can only be fixed so much by hand.

honestly GTA4 looks worse then the first trailer...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Cursayer2 said:

This generation seems to be pretty even... the Wii is selling like an epidemic, yet it hasn't caught up to the 360 yet. If it does, the 360 will eventually re-surpass it with Halo 3. Along with other solid titles coming for both systems (and a few real good ones for Wii), I expect both of them to be even at the end of the fiscal year. As for PS3, there is no way in hell that it's going to catch up with the 360 or Wii as of now, but with it's solid lineup and loyal fanbase, I'm thinking it'll still do well enough to keep Sony in the business for a few more years.

AND I've finally got the name for the new Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Larry Croft

I hate that quote so much(Im thining it will keep sony in the buisness for a few more years), This thread isnt to argue so I am going to say something about this game. That was a demo much like the motorstorm demo, therefore the game isnt finished, the motorstorm in the disck looked fantastic and slightly better than the one demo. Therefore I'd expect as much with this game. Now to reply on that quote, the liklyness that ur a nintendo fanboy.. I would like to say that noone ever said that quote about nintendo. The in game footage looked rather fantastic looks better than gears of war.

Aw leo-j, you were doing so well, I was almost ready to give you a pat on the back, until you still managed to squeeze something about nintendo fanboys in there.

Seriously...it's like you want to ruin every thread, even the ones that are about your favorite company.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

naznatips said:
The game looks gorgeous, but I'm a little bit concerned about the framerate drops. I hope they get that cleaned up in the next 6 months, otherwise I would have trouble getting myself to play the game.

Framerates are the last thing to be dealt with in a game's development.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

leo-j said:
Cursayer2 said:

This generation seems to be pretty even... the Wii is selling like an epidemic, yet it hasn't caught up to the 360 yet. If it does, the 360 will eventually re-surpass it with Halo 3. Along with other solid titles coming for both systems (and a few real good ones for Wii), I expect both of them to be even at the end of the fiscal year. As for PS3, there is no way in hell that it's going to catch up with the 360 or Wii as of now, but with it's solid lineup and loyal fanbase, I'm thinking it'll still do well enough to keep Sony in the business for a few more years.

AND I've finally got the name for the new Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Larry Croft

I hate that quote so much(Im thining it will keep sony in the buisness for a few more years), This thread isnt to argue so I am going to say something about this game. That was a demo much like the motorstorm demo, therefore the game isnt finished, the motorstorm in the disck looked fantastic and slightly better than the one demo. Therefore I'd expect as much with this game. Now to reply on that quote, the liklyness that ur a nintendo fanboy.. I would like to say that noone ever said that quote about nintendo. The in game footage looked rather fantastic looks better than gears of war.

well except for all those people who said that Wii would fail, That Nintendo would go the way of Sega, that Gamecube would be Nintendo's last home console, that Wii would be Nintendo's last console. Apart from all of those, yeah, no one is saying nintendo might struggle. Why?

Because now they're making money hand over fist and they've shut up (most of) those stupid people who doubted them in the first place.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!