By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Did Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn get bad reviews?

One thing I have seen is that any sub-genre that requires more strategy than the genre it is a part of tends to see all of their games getting (noticeably) lower reviews. One of my theories for this is that reviewers have been lead to believe that they're great gamers due to the simplicity of most games (and have fully accepted the Cinematic reward system) and when they're faced with a game that challenges them they (tend to) throw a tantrum and claim that the game was too hard, or that it wasn't balanced, rather than accept that they aren't as good of gamers as they thought.

Around the Network
silverlunar777 said:
Most people agree that The story wasn't good for the most part.

and how exactly do they want the WiiMote to be included??? It is an SRPG, What will the game benefit from motion controls..>_>?

In that case why put it on the Wii? Might as well make it a DS game, or a PS2 game. You buy a Wii and Wii games for the "Revolutionary" controls, right?

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

|_emmiwinks said:
silverlunar777 said:
Most people agree that The story wasn't good for the most part.

and how exactly do they want the WiiMote to be included??? It is an SRPG, What will the game benefit from motion controls..>_>?

In that case why put it on the Wii? Might as well make it a DS game, or a PS2 game. You buy a Wii and Wii games for the "Revolutionary" controls, right?

This deserves a Captain Picard.

You're right. The Wii shouldn't ever get a game which could be played without motion controls. There's just no point. Wii owners should be denied all turn-based strategy games.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I buy the Wii or any console, for the games on it.

Radiant Dawn is my favorite game this generation. Been saying it for almost a year now.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I find it odd that early in the DS generation reviewers bitched about touch control. Know they bitch about not having touch control. DS succeeded in the pardigm shift. Fire Emblem is a fine game if your looking for Fire Emblem. Same game different story. The game caters to the hard core crowd of that type.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
I buy the Wii or any console, for the games on it.

Radiant Dawn is my favorite game this generation. Been saying it for almost a year now.

It was my favorite Wii game this generation prior to SSBB.  Right now it's tied.

I had never played a SRPG prior to Radiant Dawn and I absolutely love the game. Even though the difficulty is multiplied for me since it is my first SRPG, I still think the challenging aspect is great, seeing as how there are way too many easy games out there nowadays. I agree with OP, this game deserves better scores.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

i should be getting this game in the next couple of days, ordered it from ebay on satuday. to be honest i'm totally looking forward to this game because many people say its on the same level if not slightly better then the GC version (which i loved). and the fire emblem series is always good in general, and its an STRATEGY RPG so it should be hard, if it was too easy no strategy would be needed.

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

oh ye and btw gamespot gave it an 8 and i think ign gave it something like a 6... now those are some wierd reviews...

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Yes, for a SRPG, imo, it was an epic under-taking. Huge battles excellently balanced, and very time consuming, yet rewarding for every second you put into the game. The story is also excellent, though it doesn't pick up till later in the game(by that time, most reviewers had quite playing). Absolutely fantastic. 9.5/10, just slightly better than GTAIV, MGS4, Bioshock, and SMG. I'd say RE4 beat it last generation, and Elite Beat Agents might succeed in a tie. Otherwise, yes, it's a magnificant game and every SRPG fan is completely remiss for not playing this. It's worth 300 dollars plus tax, imo.

I'm not kidding.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.