By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Demand for Wii still outpaces supply

Gotta love the free publicity.

Around the Network

Yeah, AP newswire so it will go out to hundreds of publications.

I dunno though, if you go by the "Good Reviews for your Advertisers" method of thinking about reviews/news stories/whatever, the fact that Nintendo is paying good money to use the AP wire in Wii's news channel could be significant.

Offtopic{
Is anyone else really impressed by the Wii's news channel? I mean, maybe its been done elsewhere and I just haven't seen it, but as soon as I connected my wii up and opened that channel I was just blown away. It's easily my favorite way to get news these days. If only they would add the ability to add other newsfeeds to it (unless that functionality is already there, I haven't looked), I would not need my computer to read news at all anymore!
}

In any case, its probably *actually* just a slow news day, but I dunno, AP could have some sort of incentive to get more people onto the wii (however small that incentive is). Do any of the other consoles offer a newsreel built into them?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

I'd imagine Nintendo is one of AP's smaller customers, so I doubt that really made a difference. Microsoft is a much bigger customer as is Sony most likely.

funny how demand and supply are different in other places, where I am the Wii has been in stock for a long time now, not saying it´s not selling because it it, it´s just not been out of stock here for a long time.

Around the Network

I wonder if I can buy 10 this coming Christmas and make a profit.....again!

llewdebkram said:
I wonder if I can buy 10 this coming Christmas and make a profit.....again!
That is what I was planning on doing, but I cant find any in stock to do so...

redspear said:
ckmlb said:
So how is this news exactly? It would be news if it wasn't...

Well there was a Wii is avaible thread that was up. How come you didn't post this there?

Instead you posted it looks like supply is catching up with demand.

there will always be threads on availability for the Wii until 2 months after it isn't.

BTW I can't think of a console that was sold out for 7 months. If it is still sold out in august it will be sold out the rest of the year.

LOL exactly my point... if the Wii demand is catching up to supply this is news, if it isn't it's the same thing continuing hence not news... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
redspear said:
ckmlb said:

Well there was a Wii is avaible thread that was up. How come you didn't post this there?

Instead

LOL exactly my point... if the Wii demand is catching up to supply this is news, if it isn't it's the same thing continuing hence not news... 

I think you meant to say "if demand is slowing to meet supply" or "if supply is catching up to demand."

And given that more than a few people, on the internet and in the industry, are convinced of a Wii bubble, these news stories do serve a rational purpose.

ckmlb said:
redspear said:
ckmlb said:

Instead you posted it looks like supply is catching up with demand.

there will always be threads on availability for the Wii until 2 months after it isn't.

BTW I can't think of a console that was sold out for 7 months. If it is still sold out in august it will be sold out the rest of the year.

Nah, this is still news. News that demand STILL outpaces supply. The Wii bubble isn't bursting any time soon.