By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New 'crappy quality' Heavenly Sword demo on Youtube

Cursayer2 said:
Woof, use your brain, both the protagonists use chain blades... and both are hack and slash games. They may differ in quality, but they are still essentially the same.

Then Halo and Unreal Tournament are both the same game right? Since both use high tech weapons and have a futuristic sci fi feel right?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

There is a difference in so called hack and slash games. God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry and hopefully Heavenly Sword are not mindless hack and slash.

Games like Ninety Nine Nights, Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors are hack and slash and you basically have dozens of enemies and just slice em up and that's pretty much the whole game.

I understand referring to the whole Beat 'em Up genre to hack and slash but there is a big difference between the games I just mentioned.

If you just go and try Ninja Gaiden and attempt to mindlessly and repetitively button mash then you will die pretty damn quickly...

Halo and Unreal do have some similarities...

But God of War and Heavenly Sword seem to have a ton of similarities...especially since they're from the same developer.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Halo and Unreal do have some similarities...

But God of War and Heavenly Sword seem to have a ton of similarities...especially since they're from the same developer.

You mean publisher. Heavenly Sword is Ninja Theory and God of War is Sony Santa Monica.

I'll give you that they're more similar, but they're not the same...