By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New 'crappy quality' Heavenly Sword demo on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skjw37keeZ8

Apparently this was recently shown at an event. Will this be the E3 demo? One can only speculate.

Also the video quality is crappy but there is a lot of nice stuff in it.

I've noticed one big change since the last showings: blood. There was no blood in this game before, now there is which for me is a welcomed change as it felt pretty weird when you are slashing some guy and no blood came out. Will this effect the rating of the game? and how?

In addition, they are definitely getting closer to final version as enemy AIs are starting to be improved as previously they definitely hadn't put much into that but now seem like they are adding in that department. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I'm not looking forward to Heavenly Sword, anyways... To me, it's like a female version of God of War in a way.

It looks cool...a good hack and slash.

The in-game camera was kinda weird in the beginning...I wonder how the controls feel.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I guess Goddess of War will have to hold people until God of War 3.

Cursayer2 said:
I'm not looking forward to Heavenly Sword, anyways... To me, it's like a female version of God of War in a way.

yahh becasue Gow was just awfull, real insult saying its like gow.

Around the Network
DonWii said:
Thanks for your insight.

Cursayer2 said:

Honestly I've been saying this since Gow 2 came out, this game should have been titled Goddess of War that really would have helped sales. I mean I guess it would have forced them to use the license in some ways, but I tihnk it would have gave them some flexibility. I think they could have used the added boost due to a lack of reliable franchise sequels this year. Despite how good this game looks though my big concern is it being a hack and slash, time and time again hack and slash just won't amount to highly acclaimed multi-million sellers, and Genji was already the ps3 hack and slash exclusive with an asian flare, they don't need another. Remember how amazing Ninty-nine nights was supposed to be, it even does look amazing with all the opponenets on the screen, I think it's easily the best looking hack and slash, nonetheless it's a hack and slash, which reviewed poorly and sold poorly. I just hope the same doesn't happen to Heavenly Sword.

Woof, use your brain, both the protagonists use chain blades... and both are hack and slash games. They may differ in quality, but they are still essentially the same.

BenKenobi88 said:
It looks cool...a good hack and slash.

The in-game camera was kinda weird in the beginning...I wonder how the controls feel.

About the camera in the beginning. Whenever you carry out special moves or combos or whatever they are that's when the camera goes into that closeup mode and shows you doing these crazy moves on the enemy then it goes back to normal.

In the beginning of the game it was showing Nariko doing a series of moves on enemies, kind of like the Kratos style moves from God of War that you do something then are carried out in front of you. So it wasn't the  actual camera angle normally when you're just walking around and fighing normal.

ckmlb said:
DonWii said:
Thanks for your insight.

Your Welcome. I surely enjoy your insight on Wii games.