By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

naznatips said:
It's $30 here. I bought it, and it's the best purchase I have made on the Wii except Twilight Princess (and it's a close call)

Sadly true (sad in that a 2 year old port is the 2nd best game on the system).

However, if you have never played RE4 on the GCN or PS2 then I think that RE4 must move to the #1 spot. 

Around the Network
misterd said:
naznatips said:
It's $30 here. I bought it, and it's the best purchase I have made on the Wii except Twilight Princess (and it's a close call)

Sadly true (sad in that a 2 year old port is the 2nd best game on the system).

However, if you have never played RE4 on the GCN or PS2 then I think that RE4 must move to the #1 spot.

I dunno.  I just enjoy the replay value (my copy or RE4 gamecube has been missing for a year).  It's a great game, and as legend pointed out it was released at the perfect time.  

It will cruise past its goal easily. Seriously we have weeks of Japan numbers and Americas first week. The deal is done. It will pass its goal no problem. After this Christmas and 08 hits and its has finished getting its last boost from Christmas shoppers at its value price, this game will ease pass 500k WW easily.

As for RE:UC it depends on how good of a game it is period. if its crap and they dont bother advertising it the way they did RE:4 then well, Id say it wont get close. Otherwise it should be fine.

Xyrax said:
It will cruise past its goal easily. Seriously we have weeks of Japan numbers and Americas first week. The deal is done. It will pass its goal no problem. After this Christmas and 08 hits and its has finished getting its last boost from Christmas shoppers at its value price, this game will ease pass 500k WW easily.

As for RE:UC it depends on how good of a game it is period. if its crap and they dont bother advertising it the way they did RE:4 then well, Id say it wont get close. Otherwise it should be fine.

I agree.  RE:UC's success depends on 2 things:

1.) It has to be a good game.  People will not buy a bad lightgun shooter.  It's tough to get them to buy one as it is.

2.) It needs to be well advertised.  RE4's trailer is a good start, but if you can get this game on TV with some cool ads showing off the impressive visuals and destructable environments the game can do very well.

quick question for RE4 owners (since it's not yet out in Australia... ripped off again)

can we calibrate the pointer?

I find I'm much more accurate at shooting with our crappy tv due to the retarded inability to calibrate the pointer on the Wii. does RE4 have this ability?

and if not, why the hell not? Don't the game makers realise that the pointer doesn't match up on larger tvs?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Why would Resident Evil 4, on the Wii, sell well, when the game already exists on the Gamecube, and Playstation 2? It wont sell more than the Gamecube version, or Playstation 2 version. Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 on the GBA never sold more than Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 on the NES. Super Mario World on the GBC, and GBA, never sold more than Super Mario World on the SNES. Super Mario 64 on the DS never sold more than Super Mario 64 on the N64. Donkey Kong Country on the GB, GBC, and GBA, never sold more than Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. So why would Resident Evil 4, on the Wii, sell all that well? People have played it before. I'm sure the wiimote will enhance the playability, but not the lastability.

omgwtfbbq said:
quick question for RE4 owners (since it's not yet out in Australia... ripped off again)

I find I'm much more accurate at shooting with our crappy tv due to the retarded inability to calibrate the pointer on the Wii. does RE4 have this ability?

and if not, why the hell not? Don't the game makers realise that the pointer doesn't match up on larger tvs?

No, you can't, but I play on a 42" Plasma and I have no issues whatsoever.

naznatips said:
omgwtfbbq said:

No, you can't, but I play on a 42" LCD and I have no issues whatsoever.

does the pointer match up to where you point?

I play on a 50" plasma, but I find I'm not as good at pointing with the Wii as I was on the old 50cm because the smaller tv matched exactly where I pointed. Unfortunately now my skill in pointing has decreased rather considerably since we got the new TV and it's really disappointing.

It could be just my distance from the tv, but Ic an't really move back. It's a bit disappointing that I can't calibrate it though and I don't understand why only one game so ar has had the option 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
naznatips said:
omgwtfbbq said:

No, you can't, but I play on a 42" LCD and I have no issues whatsoever.

does the pointer match up to where you point?

I play on a 50" plasma, but I find I'm not as good at pointing with the Wii as I was on the old 50cm because the smaller tv matched exactly where I pointed. Unfortunately now my skill in pointing has decreased rather considerably since we got the new TV and it's really disappointing.

It could be just my distance from the tv, but Ic an't really move back. It's a bit disappointing that I can't calibrate it though and I don't understand why only one game so ar has had the option

Not exactly, but it's pretty close.  I keep the sensor bar taped underneat the TV (because it's too high up on the wall to set it on top and have the setting work)

a.l.e.x59 said:
Why would Resident Evil 4, on the Wii, sell well, when the game already exists on the Gamecube, and Playstation 2? It wont sell more than the Gamecube version, or Playstation 2 version. Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 on the GBA never sold more than Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 on the NES. Super Mario World on the GBC, and GBA, never sold more than Super Mario World on the SNES. Super Mario 64 on the DS never sold more than Super Mario 64 on the N64. Donkey Kong Country on the GB, GBC, and GBA, never sold more than Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. So why would Resident Evil 4, on the Wii, sell all that well? People have played it before. I'm sure the wiimote will enhance the playability, but not the lastability.

I don't think anybody is claiming that it'll beat the PS2 or Gamecube sales, we're saying it's likely to beat Capcom's expectations of 420,000.